Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Adam Driver. Check it out!
Adam Douglas Driver was born in San Diego, California. His mother, Nancy (Needham) Wright, is a paralegal from Mishawaka, Indiana, and his father, Joe Douglas Driver, who has deep roots in the American South, is from Little Rock, Arkansas. His stepfather is a Baptist minister. His ancestry includes English, Dutch, German, Irish, and Scottish. Driver was raised in Mishawaka after his parents’ divorce, attending Mishawaka High School, where he appeared in plays. After 9/11, he enlisted in the Marines, serving for more than two years before being medically discharged after he suffered an injury, which prevented him from being deployed.
Interesting Facts about Adam Driver
- Was briefly enrolled in the University of Indianapolis theatre department.
- Attended and graduated from Mishawaka High School in Mishawaka, Indiana (2001).
- Currently resides in Brooklyn Heights, New York City.
- While serving in the United States Marines, he missed active duty in Iraq due to a mountain biking accident in which he broke his sternum.
- Does not watch his own performances onscreen, and even declines to listen to audio clips of himself while being interviewed on the radio.
- He was rumored to be playing Dick Grayson/Nightwing in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) but denied any involvement. Despite this, he expressed an interest in the role and has been a popular choice among fans ever since.
- Lena Dunham thanked Driver profusely for his support when she won her Golden Globe Award in January 2013.
- Received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard School in New York City (2009).
- Says he ‘originally passed on’ his role of Adam Sackler on Girls (2012) because he “thought television was evil”.
- Before becoming an actor, he once worked as a door-to-door Kirby Vacuum salesman, a telemarketer for a basement water-proofing company, and Ben Franklin construction company.
- As of 2020, has appeared in three films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: Lincoln (2012), BlacKkKlansman (2018) and Marriage Story (2019).
- Has one son with his wife, Joanne Tucker; they keep his birth hidden from the press for two years.
Personal Quotes by Adam Driver
I think it’s a common misconception in the civilian community that the military community is filled with just drills and discipline and pain. They forget that these are humans who are in an abnormal situation.- Adam Driver
I’m not such a big fan of having a linear answer to things.- Adam Driver
Just having the internet is a weird and dangerous thing because people become accustomed to knowing things when they want to know them and not having to work for it. I definitely see the value in not knowing everything and having mystery in life and mystery in people.- Adam Driver
I wish I could pull shorts off. My wife tells me that I just can’t. But that’s okay. I’m tall, I can do other things, like change light bulbs.- Adam Driver
I was living in a small town in Indiana working as a telemarketer and a vacuum salesman. I was really bad: the vacuums seemed to always be falling apart. Every time I did a demonstration, I’d say, ‘This is the material the astronauts used on Apollo 13.’ And no sooner had that come out of my mouth, something would malfunction.- Adam Driver