Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Adrien Brody. Check it out!
Adrien Nicholas Brody was born in Woodhaven, Queens, New York, the only child of retired history professor Elliot Brody and Hungarian-born photographer Sylvia Plachy. He accompanied his mother on assignments for the Village Voice, and credits her with making him feel comfortable in front of the camera. Adrien attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts in New York.
Interesting Facts about Adrien Brody
- He, Marisa Tomei and Marcia Gay Harden won an Oscar without being awarded for the same performance in one of its precursor awards (Golden Globe, Critics Choice Awards, SAG and BAFTA).
- Is one of only two American actors to win a César, the French equivalent to the Oscar. The other one is Kristen Stewart.
- Alumnus of the AADA (American Academy of Dramatic Arts), Class of 1993.
- In 2004, Esquire Magazine named him the Best Dressed Man in America.
- Was dressed by Zegna for the Academy Awards.
- Attended the Hugo Boss: Paris Fashion Week Menswear in Paris, France on June 25th. [June 2009]
- He has expressed considerable interest in playing The Joker in a Batman film.
- Was considered for a role in Pearl Harbor (2001).
- Is a big hip-hop fan and plans on becoming a producer. He is being mentored by The RZA.
- Attended the 2009 Moscow Film Festival in Moscow, Russia on June 19th. [June 2009]
- He signed on to make Bread and Roses (2000) without a script because he trusted the director Ken Loach. Prior to filming, he also went undercover to research life as a union member in Los Angeles, California. He went to conventions and sat in on strike talks. A couple of the members recognized him, but Brody persuaded them not to blow his cover.
- Grew up in the Woodhaven section of Queens in New York.
Personal Quotes by Adrien Brody
You’d be surprised how difficult it is relinquish a cell phone.- Adrien Brody
The odd thing is how, I think, the intensity and devotion to my craft and the intensity of certain performances or types of roles I’ve played overshadow the comedic stints that I’ve had. ‘Darjeeling Limited’ is a comedy; The ‘Brothers Bloom’ is a comedy.- Adrien Brody
Being anonymous is a great luxury. It’s a big loss to lose that. Mostly, the loss is the ability to observe others without being observed yourself. And as an actor, that is your key tool.- Adrien Brody
What guides me is to do work that’s more avant-garde – things that I think are special. You can easily become a celebrity and get caught up in all that blur. I just want to work and surprise myself.- Adrien Brody