Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alison Brie. Check it out!
Alison Brie was born in Hollywood, California, to Joanne (Brenner), who worked at a non-profit child care agency, and Charles Terry Schermerhorn, a musician and entertainment reporter. Her mother is Jewish and her father has Scottish, Dutch, English, German, and Norwegian ancestry. Brie grew up in the Los Angeles suburb of South Pasadena. Interested in acting at an early age, she began her career performing in community theater shows at the Jewish Community Center in Los Feliz. Her very first role was “Toto” in the Wizard of Oz. After graduating from South Pasadena High School in 2001; Alison attended California Institute of the Arts where she received her BFA in Acting. While there, she was one of the original cast members in the world premiere of The Peach Blossom Fan, performed as the inaugural theater production at Disney’s REDCAT Theater in Downtown LA. During that time, Alison also studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, Scotland.
Interesting Facts about Alison Brie
- Her favorite show is Six Feet Under (2001).
- Best friends with her Community (2009) co-star Danny Pudi.
- Engaged to Dave Franco since August 2015. They married in 2017.
- Her name originates from Norman French diminutive of the Old French name Aalis.Aalis is a short form of Germanic name Adalheidis which was composed of the elements adal “noble” and held “kind, sort, type”.
- Ranked as having one of the most beautiful famous faces by “The Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Famous Faces From Around the World.” She was ranked #5 in 2010 and #18 in 2009.
- Sister-in-law of James Franco and Tom Franco.
- Worked as a clown before becoming an actress.
- Alison’s mother is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family. Alison’s paternal grandfather had Dutch, English, German, and Norwegian ancestry, and Alison’s paternal grandmother was originally from Scotland. Alison’s patrilineal ancestry can be traced back to Reyer Schermerhorn, who was born, c. 1541, in the town of Schermerhorn, in Waterland, Noord Holland (the Netherlands).
- She graduated from the California institute of the Arts and then went to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Has one older sister, Lauren Schermerhorn.
- Her mother was a teacher at a community college.
- Member of SAG and AEA.
Personal Quotes by Alison Brie
I like to have my breakfast in bed, and I use that time to watch the recorded shows on my TiVo. I seldom watch shows in real time – I’m always at work.Alison Brie
If you’re a guy, you should get girls flowers all the time. They never get old and you can never get them enough. I’m never disappointed when I get flowers. I always thought guys who don’t buy women flowers are such fools. All it takes is one. A little goes a long way with flowers.Alison Brie
30 Rock’ is probably one of my favorite shows. It’s just joke after joke after joke.Alison Brie
I love Jason Bateman. He’s so funny.Alison Brie
I’m a generally optimistic person.Alison Brie