Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Allison Janney. Check it out!
Allison Janney is an award-winning actress who has earned a solid reputation in stage productions and in many supporting roles on screen, and who more recently has become prominent by portraying one of the major characters in the popular TV series The West Wing (1999).
Interesting Facts about Allison Janney
- Formerly resided with Dennis Gagomiros, a computer programmer, in a Manhattan loft (2001). They first met at the New York City Playhouse in 1982.
- Is a big fan of rap music.
- Daughter of Jervis Spencer Jr. and Macy Brooks Janney.
- While struggling to succeed as an actress, she told people who inquired about what she did for a living that she was a photographer for “National Geographic”.
- She was born on November 19th, 1959 which was when The Bullwinkle Show (1959) debuted on TV, and then she would go on to star in Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014) which is based on the original segments from that old show.
- In an article praising the most exceptional women of the year (“Those we loved in 2005,” The Guardian, 16 December 2005), Laura Barton gave “a big thank you” to Allison Janney, “aka C.J. from The West Wing (1999) — her mere existence is reason enough to give thanks”.
- Childhood celebrity crush was Davy Jones of The Monkees fame.
- As of 2016, has appeared in four films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: American Beauty (1999), The Hours (2002), Juno (2007) and The Help (2011). Of those, American Beauty (1999) is a winner in the category.
- Allison provides the voice for the Star Tours Hostess Aly San San. The updated version of the Walt Disney World/Disneyland Attraction opened May/June 2011.
- She has English, and smaller amounts of German and Scottish, ancestry. Her lineage in the U.S. goes back to the 1600s, rooted in Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, New York, and Massachusetts.
- She won an Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play for “Present Laughter” in 1997. She shared the award with Deborah Findlay and Celia Weston.
- Her very close friend Steven Rogers wrote the biopic I, Tonya (2017) character LaVona Golden expressly for her, which brought her a degree of mixed amusement.
Personal Quotes by Allison Janney
Everyone couldn’t be happier and more terrified.- Allison Janney
I grew up with brothers. I love men. Of course it’s hard to be a woman in a man’s world.- Allison Janney
I can access emotions very easily.- Allison Janney
The first job where I actually made money was on ‘Guiding Light,’ the soap opera. And I played a maid. My name was Ginger, and I had a Brooklyn accent – a really bad one, if I remember correctly.- Allison Janney
I can tell when men are threatened by my height.- Allison Janney