Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Alyson Hannigan. Check it out!
Alyson Hannigan was born in Washington, D.C., to Emilie (Posner), a real estate agent, and Al Hannigan, a truck driver. She began her acting career in Atlanta at the young age of 4 in commercials sponsoring such companies as McDonald’s, Six Flags, and Oreos. She is a seasoned television actress veteran, guest starring in Picket Fences (1992), Roseanne (1988), Touched by an Angel (1994) and the The Torkelsons (1991) before starring in her most notorious roles yet in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) as “Willow Rosenberg” and How I Met Your Mother (2005) as “Lily Aldrin.”
Interesting Facts about Alyson Hannigan
- Her wedding was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- When she promoted the final season of How I Met Your Mother (2005) on The Talk (2010), she became teary when asked what she would miss the most about co-star Jason Segel and was unable to answer the question. They played husband and wife during nine seasons.
- She is in London starring in the West End stage adaptation of Nora Ephron’s When Harry Met Sally (1989) , co-starring Luke Perry, which will run in the springtime. Afterwards, she is tentatively set to begin production on her new CBS television series. [March 2004]
- Her favorite episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) is Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Hush (1999).
- She introduced Joss Whedon to the music of the band Nerf Herder. This led to Nerf Herder getting the job for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) theme song.
- Graduated from North Hollywood High School in 1992.
- Is Godmother of Joss Whedon’s son, Arden, and her husband, Alexis Denisof, is his Godfather.
- Was 8 months pregnant with her daughter Satyana when she completed filming the 4th season of How I Met Your Mother (2005).
- She made an estimated $8,700,000 in earnings from her work on the series. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997).
- Good friends with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997) co-star Sarah Michelle Gellar and Emma Caulfield Ford.
- Member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority.
- Has a tattoo of tribal dolphins on her ankle, a Japanese kanji (for luck and happiness) on her back, and a cartoon turtle on her left foot.
Personal Quotes by Alyson Hannigan
When I got pregnant with my first child, I was vegan. And when I got pregnant, my body was craving meat so much. I started out slowly with eggs, then cheese, then I was like, ‘OK, I need a steak!’ I had to listen to my body – my cravings were so strong with the first one. When I got a craving for a food, I needed it five minutes ago.- Alyson Hannigan
I definitely had to be talked into ‘American Pie: Reunion.’ I was hesitant because I’m on a show, and I felt, ‘I’m happy. I’ve got my family.’ But then I met the directors, who also wrote it, and once I read the script, I was like, ‘OK, sign me up.’- Alyson Hannigan
Nerds are far more interesting human in later life.- Alyson Hannigan
My mom was a photographer and whenever they needed a baby for a modelling job, she’d stick me in front of the camera. That’s how it started.- Alyson Hannigan
I don’t mind being the funny character rather than the glamorous one, although I’m happy to do both.- Alyson Hannigan