Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about America Ferrera. Check it out!
America Georgine Ferrera (born April 18, 1984) is an American actress. She is known for her leading role as Betty Suarez on the American Broadcasting Company’s comedy-drama television series Ugly Betty (2006) . Her acting garnered critical acclaim, and she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy, the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series, and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
Interesting Facts about America Ferrera
- Went to Calabash Elementary School in the San Fernando Valley from 1994-1995 where she played one of the lead characters in her 5th grade graduation play called “Oliver.” She played the “Artful Dodger” in the production.
- She has appeared in one film that has been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: Real Women Have Curves (2002).
- Mother, with husband Ryan Piers Williams, of son Sebastian Piers Williams (b. May 29, 2018) and daughter Lucia Marisol Williams (b. May 4, 2020).
- Attended the University of Southern California where she studied International Relations.
- Was allegedly cast in the lead role in An Invisible Sign (2010), but was replaced by Jessica Alba before filming began.
- Two of her films, Lords of Dogtown (2005) and The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (2005), opened in the United States on the same day: Friday, June 3, 2005.
- Started acting in community theater and school plays at the age of eight.
- Lloyd’s of London has insured America’s smile for $U10 million.
- Parents are Honduran.
- Is the youngest of 6 siblings.
- She has the same first name as her mother.
- (June 27, 2011) Married her boyfriend of 6 years Ryan Piers Williams following a year-long engagement.
Personal Quotes by America Ferrera
What’s so kind of beautiful about the whole thing was that everything that made me not right for all of those hundreds of commercial auditions that I went on and no one ever wanted me for is what made me perfectly right for ‘Real Women Have Curves’.- America Ferrera
I work really long hours and work a lot and have done press tours and junkets, but there is nothing like a presidential campaign that I have experienced before… I think at one point we visited three different cities in one state in 12 hours. It’s exhausting.- America Ferrera
I’m okay if people don’t know who I am, but if you remember my character that would be great.- America Ferrera
I remember being a kid, and if you had to pee, well, you had to hold it until the commercial break. Then you rushed, and hopefully, if you’re going to the kitchen for a snack, you’ll be back before so you don’t miss a line. If your sister sneezed or was talking over a line, there was no way of knowing what that line was or what the joke was.- America Ferrera
To me, the tragedy about this whole image-obsessed society is that young girls get so caught up in just achieving that they forget to realize that they have so much more to offer the world.- America Ferrera