Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Amy Adams. Check it out!
Amy Lou Adams was born in Vicenza, Veneto, Italy, to American parents, Kathryn (Hicken) and Richard Kent Adams, a U.S. serviceman who was stationed at Caserma Ederle in Italy at the time. She was raised in a Mormon family of seven children in Castle Rock, Colorado, and has English, as well as smaller amounts of Danish, Swiss-German, and Norwegian, ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Amy Adams
- Has appeared in the series episode, Smallville: Craving (2001), which is about the early life of Clark Kent before he became Superman. She later went on to play Superman’s main love interest, Lois Lane, in Man of Steel (2013). Is one of several actors who guest starred on the series and returned in the Superman film, along with Alessandro Juliani, Tahmoh Penikett and David Lewis.
- Her father was in the military and was also an amateur actor.
- Her ancestry includes English, as well as smaller amounts of Danish, Swiss-German, and Norwegian, and more distant Welsh, German, Irish, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish.
- Was in attendance at the wedding of her Sunshine Cleaning (2008) co-star and best friend Emily Blunt to John Krasinski (July 10, 2010).
- The first job she ever had (at age 12) was selling licorice at a rodeo in Ogden, Utah, while staying with her grandparents. She later worked as a ‘greeter’ at The Gap store in the Lenox Mall in Buckhead, Atlanta, where she once had rare opportunity to greet Whitney Houston as she entered the store. Whitney didn’t take too kindly to Amy’s cloying store formalities and quickly requested a different salesperson to assist her.
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her daughter Aviana in order to begin filming On the Road (2012).
- Is just 10 years younger than Laura Linney, who played her mother in Nocturnal Animals (2016).
- She had considered quitting acting before doing the film Junebug (2005).
- Her favorite films include Gone with the Wind (1939), The Wizard of Oz (1939), Casablanca (1942), Vertigo (1958), The Shawshank Redemption (1994), Paulie (1998) and O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000).
- Invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in 2006.
- Enjoys singing karaoke.
- Auditioned for Lois Lane twice before being cast in Man of Steel (2013). She first auditioned for the cancelled project “Superman Flyby” and Superman Returns (2006).
Personal Quotes by Amy Adams
When I was younger, my sister thought it was funny to pretend to punch me in the face because my mom was concerned about my teeth falling out. They were loose for a long time, and she knocked out my teeth.– Amy Adams
I have worked with some of the meanest people in the world. You can’t do anything to intimidate me.– Amy Adams
I’m pretty Sicilian if I’ve been crossed. I don’t seek revenge, but I never forget. And I make it hard to repair, which is not a great quality because if people held me to that standard, no one would be around me – ever.– Amy Adams
I research every part thoroughly. I talk it out with my actor friends, but then I throw it all away when I get to the set. You have to be spontaneous.– Amy Adams
I always had a larger view. I’m interested in real life – my family, my friends. I have tried never to define myself by my success, whatever that is. My happiness is way beyond roles and awards.– Amy Adams