Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Amy Schumer. Check it out!
Amy Schumer was born on June 1, 1981 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA as Amy Beth Schumer. She is a writer and actress, known for Trainwreck (2015), I Feel Pretty (2018) and Snatched (2017). She has been married to Chris Fischer since February 13, 2018. They have one child.
Interesting Facts about Amy Schumer
- She is the daughter of Sandy Schumer (née Jones) and Gordon Schumer. Her father was born to a Jewish family (from Ukraine and Poland). Her mother’s ancestry includes English and German, as well as some Scottish and Welsh; Amy’s mother converted to Judaism. Amy went to Hebrew School and had a Bat Mitzvah ceremony.
- In April 2018 she spent five days in the hospital with a “horrible” kidney infection.
- Favorite comedians are Judy Gold, Jessica Kirson, Wendy Liebman, Sarah Silverman, Margaret Cho and Ellen DeGeneres. She is also a New York Mets fan.
- Graduated from South Side High School in 1999. Received a B.A. in theatre at Towson University. Graduated from the William Esper Studio.
- After college, she moved to New York City to become an actress. She tended bar and waited tables while she auditioned for various roles.
- Hosts her own podcast “3 Girls, 1 Keith” with friends Bridget Everett, Rachel Feinstein and Keith Robinson, that premiered on Spotify in June 2018.
- Has a B.A. in Theater from Towson University and is also a graduate of William Esper’s two-year Sanford Meisner Intensive program.
- Long Island, New York native living in Brooklyn, New York.
- Good friend of Jennifer Lawrence, Brie Larson, and David Letterman.
- Second cousin, once removed, of United States Senator Chuck Schumer. Amy’s paternal great-great-grandparents, Abraham Schumer and Joder Ida/Edith Wizman, were also Chuck’s paternal great-grandparents.
- Stand-up comedian.
- Delivered her son Gene via Caesarean section.
Personal Quotes by Amy Schumer
I’m insanely close to my sister.- Amy Schumer
I just say what I think is the funniest thing I could say. I’m not trying to make headlines. I’m just trying to say the stuff that I think is funny and will make people laugh.- Amy Schumer
Being introverted, it doesn’t mean necessarily being shy or being afraid of public speaking; it just means that it’s hard for me to interact with people for too long.- Amy Schumer
I think standup is pretty good for an introvert because you are performing, but, I mean, it’s on your own terms. There are so many people in the room, but it’s a one-sided conversation. And you actually don’t have to interact – unless you want to.- Amy Schumer
It’s really hard for a lot of men to have the woman accomplishing more than them.- Amy Schumer