Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Angelina Jolie. Check it out!
Angelina Jolie is an Academy Award-winning actress who rose to fame after her role in Girl, Interrupted (1999), playing the title role in the “Lara Croft” blockbuster movies, as well as Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), Wanted (2008), Salt (2010) and Maleficent (2014). Off-screen, Jolie has become prominently involved in international charity projects, especially those involving refugees. She often appears on many “most beautiful women” lists, and she has a personal life that is avidly covered by the tabloid press.
Interesting Facts about Angelina Jolie
- Her godfather Maximilian Schell always gave her a doll as a birthday present, from her first to sixteenth. Sometimes it was a modern doll, made of plastic, sometimes it was an old and precious one, made of wood or porcelain.
- In late 2002, she announced that she was in talks to portray the late porn star Linda Lovelace.
- Ranked #33 on EW’s The 50 Smartest People in Hollywood. 
- On her father’s side, she has German and Slovak ancestry. Her mother was of approximately one half French-Canadian, one quarter Dutch, and one quarter Polish, descent. Angelina also has a remote Huron ancestor, her maternal eight times great-grandmother, Catherine Anenontha, who was born, c. 1649, in Ancienne-Lorette, Quebec. Angelina’s paternal grandparents were Elmer Vojtka, later Elmer Voight, and Barbara Kamp, while Angelina’s maternal grandparents were Rolland Frederic Bertrand and Lois June Gouwens.
- In 2007, Forbes magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $20 million.
- Was the 116th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Girl, Interrupted (1999) at The 72nd Annual Academy Awards (2000) on March 26, 2000.
- Mother of six children with ex-husband Brad Pitt. Their three oldest children are adopted: sons Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt (b. August 5, 2001, adopted by Jolie on March 10, 2002 and by Pitt in early 2006) and Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (b. November 29, 2003, adopted by Jolie on March 15, 2007 and by Pitt on February 21, 2008), and daughter Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt (b. January 8, 2005, adopted by Jolie on July 6, 2005, and by Pitt in early 2006). Their three younger children are their biological: a daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt (b. May 27, 2006) and twins, a son Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt and a daughter, Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt (b. July 12, 2008).
- Has a fondness for Liverpool Football Club because her son Maddox “only wants to play for Liverpool”.
- Has a tattoo of the Tennessee Williams quote, “A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages” on her left forearm.
- Ranked #1 in E! Television’s 2006 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies.
- Replaced Charlize Theron as Elise Clifton-Ward in The Tourist (2010) shortly before filming began.
- Was named after costume designer Angela Alexander who designed costumes for the film The All-American Boy (1973) that her father Jon Voight starred in. Jon and Angela became good friends on the set, and he was fascinated when she told him her original Greek name was “Angeliki”, which in Greek means “Angelic Messenger of God”. During the film’s shoot, Jon Voight came to Angela on the set and told her that one day if he and his wife (then actress Marcheline Bertrand) ever had a daughter he was going to name her “Angelica”. They had only had a son at the time; Jolie was born two years later. Although he originally named her Angelica, a year later after his divorce with Marcheline, she began calling her “Angelina”.
Personal Quotes by Angelina Jolie
I’ve been reckless, but I’m not a rebel without a cause.- Angelina Jolie
I’m happy being myself, which I’ve never been before. I always hid in other people, or tried to find myself through the characters, or live out their lives, but I didn’t have those things in mine.- Angelina Jolie
All women do have a different sense of sexuality, or sense of fun, or sense of like what’s sexy or cool or tough.- Angelina Jolie
First and foremost comes my family and my life with Brad. We have so much joy in raising our children and teaching them about the world that nothing really compares to that.- Angelina Jolie
I’d go from film to film and almost detach from one world and jump in another. I was living as these people and not having a self. I didn’t know who I was. And things just get really dark.- Angelina Jolie