Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Anne Hathaway. Check it out!
Anne Jacqueline Hathaway was born in Brooklyn, New York, to Kate McCauley Hathaway, an actress, and Gerald T. Hathaway, a lawyer, both originally from Philadelphia. She is of mostly Irish descent, along with English, German, and French. Her first major role came in the short-lived television series Get Real (1999). She gained widespread recognition for her roles in The Princess Diaries (2001) and its 2004 sequel as a young girl who discovers she is a member of royalty, opposite Julie Andrews and Heather Matarazzo.
Interesting Facts about Anne Hathaway
- Has a dog (chocolate Labrador) named Esmerelda, born July 2004.
- Announced as the new face of “Lancome” [January 1, 2008].
- Was almost cast as Johanna in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007), but Tim Burton wanted an unknown actress for the role, and newcomer Jayne Wisener got the role.
- Is one of 22 Oscar-winning actresses to have been born in the state of New York. The others are Alice Brady, Teresa Wright, Anne Revere, Celeste Holm, Claire Trevor, Judy Holliday, Shirley Booth, Susan Hayward, Patty Duke, Anne Bancroft, Barbra Streisand, Jane Fonda, Lee Grant, Beatrice Straight, Whoopi Goldberg, Mercedes Ruehl, Marisa Tomei, Mira Sorvino, Susan Sarandon, Jennifer Connelly and Melissa Leo.
- Was 5 months pregnant with her son Jack when she completed filming on The Witches (2020).
- She is in the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list compiled by Empire magazine, has been ranked: #18 in 2007,#5 in 2013.
- Her performance as “Kym” in Rachel Getting Married (2008) is ranked #20 in Paste Magazine’s 25 Best Movie Performances of the Decade (2009).
- Was 5 months pregnant with her son Jonathan when she completed filming Colossal (2016).
- Was the 140th actress to receive an Academy Award; she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Les Misérables (2012) at The Oscars (2013) on February 24, 2013.
- Returned to work 7 months after giving birth to her son Jonathan to begin filming Ocean’s Eight (2018).
- She has worked with 3 directors who have won a Best Director Oscar: Ang Lee, Jonathan Demme, and Tom Hooper.
- She was inducted into the 2019-2020 Class of New Jersey Hall of Fame in the Arts and Entertainment category.
Personal Quotes by Anne Hathaway
I think fashion is a lot of fun. I love clothes. More than fashion or brand labels, I love design. I love the thought that people put into clothes. I love when clothes make cultural statements and I think personal style is really cool. I also freely recognize that fashion should be a hobby.- Anne Hathaway
I used to believe that love was finding someone who would lead you through the deep water.- Anne Hathaway
It takes a minute for me to let my guard down, but once I do and I get to know someone, I’m very open, very trusting. Some might say too trusting, because considering the amount of money that can be made from selling gossip, I could be very easily taken advantage of.- Anne Hathaway
I was thrust into a really lofty, enviable, but isolated position with ‘Princess Diaries’ in that I could carry a film before I really knew if I could act.- Anne Hathaway
I think relationships are work, but love is a gift.- Anne Hathaway