Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ariel Winter. Check it out!
Ariel Winter is one of Hollywood’s most promising young talents with notable roles both in both television and film. Ariel stars on ABC’s critically acclaimed and Emmy® winning hit series, “Modern Family (2009).” Winter plays ‘Alex Dunphy,’ the brainy middle child in the Dunphy family, opposite Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, Sarah Hyland and Nolan Gould. Winter also stars on Disney Jr. as the title character for the series “Sofia the First (2013).” The series follows Princess Sofia, an ordinary little girl who must adjust to royal life after her mother marries the king. The series spawned from the movie “Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess (2012).”
Interesting Facts about Ariel Winter
- Legally emancipated in May 2015 after years of custody fights in her family.
- Sister-in-law of David Barry Gray.
- She’s a fan of the Twilight Series of novels.
- Worked with Rico Rodriguez in the movie Opposite Day (2009) prior to starring together on Modern Family (2009).
- Younger sister of actor Jimmy Workman (who portrayed Pugsley Addams in the Addams Family movies).
- Her maternal grandparents, Helen G. (Aronis) and James Batistas, both emigrated from Greece. Her father is of English and German descent.
- She’s an avid music fan and aspiring singer who loves to record songs with her friends in bands such as 4evercrush and WickedSweet.
- Her sister Shanelle Gray was appointed her guardian in 2012 after the Department of Children and Family Services found that Winter’s mother, Chrisoula Workman, was emotionally abusing her daughter. Winter’s relationship with her father was deemed not strong enough, therefore her sister was appointed as her legal guardian.
- Aspired to become an actor at a very young age when she wanted to crawl into the TV to actually go exploring with Dora the Explorer (2000).
- She is the younger sister to actress Shanelle Gray (from ABC’s One Life to Live (1968)).
- First acting job was in a Cool Whip commercial.
- Ariel has three dogs named Peebles, Hercules and Cher.
Personal Quotes by Ariel Winter
I definitely want to continue being an actress. I love it. The reason I’m going to college is because I do want knowledge in another field. College isn’t the college experience for me. I’m not going to be in a sorority. I’m not going to network. I’m not even really going to make my lifelong friends.- Ariel Winter
I love when I go on set every day, because the camera people teach me camera terms and grip terms – I learn all these new terms from different people on the set and leave feeling all cool about myself when I go out places.- Ariel Winter
I had body insecurities when I was younger. I still do.- Ariel Winter
Mental illness doesn’t need to be hidden or glorified. It should be normalized to where people feel comfortable sharing with their families and friends and know they’re not alone. By opening up about my struggle, I’m hoping I can help someone who feels like they don’t know what to do or when they can’t accept their situation.- Ariel Winter
Social media and I have had a very tumultuous relationship.- Ariel Winter