Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Armie Hammer. Check it out!
Armand Douglas Hammer was born in Los Angeles, California, to Dru Ann (Mobley) and Michael Armand Hammer, a businessman. His great-grandfather, Armand Hammer, was a prominent tycoon and philanthropist who ran the company Occidental Petroleum for many decades. Armie’s ancestry includes Russian-Jewish, English, Scots-Irish, and German. He has a younger brother, Viktor Hammer (Armie and Viktor share the same first names as their great-grandfather and his brother). His father is chairman and CEO of the Armand Hammer Foundation, where his mother is a board member. His parents also serve together on the boards of the Los Angeles Dream Center and Knoedler & Hammer Galleries in New York. In addition, his father is a member of the board of trustees for Oral Roberts University, and his mother, a former bank loan officer, teaches Bible study in Los Angeles.
Interesting Facts about Armie Hammer
- On his father’s side, he is the grandson of Julian Armand Hammer and Glenna Sue (Ervin). On his mother’s side, he is the grandson of longtime Tulsa real estate developer Douglas Lee “Doug” Mobley and Donna Rae (Kaufman).
- Would like to open a cigar shop.
- Lived in the Cayman Islands from ages 7 to 13.
- Inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame on March 8, 2018 in Austin, Texas.
- Good friends with Call Me by Your Name (2017) co-star Timothée Chalamet.
- With wife Elizabeth Chambers, jointly announced their marital separation and divorce filing on July 6, 2020, after ten years of marriage and two children together.
- He and his wife Elizabeth Chambers had their second child, Ford Douglas Armand, on January 15, 2017.
- He is the son of Michael and Dru Hammer. His mother is from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and is a graduate of Oklahoma State University. His father graduated from the University of San Diego and received an M.B.A. degree from New York University.
- He spent the better part of his formative years in the Cayman Islands after his father saw the movie, The Firm (1993), which is partially set there.
- Asked by the Hollywood Reporter’s Matt Belloni which one of his movies he’d most like to have deleted from his IMDb filmography, Armie was quick to nominate Spring Breakdown (2009).
- He dropped out of high school at sixteen to pursue acting.
- In 2007, he was set to play Bruce Wayne/Batman in a ”Justice League” film, under the direction of George Miller, but the project was canceled. He was considered by Warner Bros. for the part of Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), which went to Ben Affleck and when Affleck left, he was considered for the role again in The Batman (2022) which went to Robert Pattinson.
Personal Quotes by Armie Hammer
I’d rather enjoy meals, order bottles of red wine and eat creme brulee at the end of dinner. Then, when they call you for a photo shoot, you just go, ‘Okay, time to hit the treadmill.’– Armie Hammer
I’m half Jewish, but no one believes me because my looks lean a little WASP-y… It’s sometimes hard for me to get the roles I’m drawn to.– Armie Hammer
I mean I would still love to be in Mel Brooks’ movies; he’s great.– Armie Hammer
My wife comes from a foodie family so I’ve been indoctrinated into that. I had sweetbreads the other night, and I have to say, not my favorite thing in the world You’re eating a gland.– Armie Hammer
I think a primal role of a man in a relationship is to protect his woman.– Armie Hammer