Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ashley Benson. Check it out!
Ashley Victoria Benson was born on December 18, 1989 in Anaheim Hills, California, to Shannon (Harte) and Jeff Benson. She has Irish, English, and German ancestry. She has been dancing competitively since she was 2 with hip hop, jazz, ballet, tap and lyrical. She has been singing since she was about 5 and she hopes to pursue that, along with her acting. Ashley started modeling at the age of 5 for dance catalogs. Ashley was then pursued by The Ford Modeling Agency at the age of 8. She worked steadily in print and is still with the Agency. At the age of 10, she wanted to pursue acting. Ashley went on to do 35 commercials, and then on to theatrical roles. Acting was now Ashley’s passion. Ashley put all her focus into acting, which left little time for modeling and dancing, anymore. Ashley’s most recent role is “Hanna Marin” on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars (2010). Ashley also had a cameo in Romeo Miller (aka Lil Romeo) and Solange’s music video for the song “True Love”. She did a photo shoot with Britney Spears for Vogue Magazine. She is in NLT’s music video, “That Girl”.
Interesting Facts about Ashley Benson
- Younger sister of fellow actress Shaylene Benson.
- She was the inspiration for the physical look of teenage “Jean Grey” in the 2008 comic book, “X-Men Origins”. In addition, Sasha Pieterse, her co-star in Pretty Little Liars (2010), inspired the physical look of an adolescent Jean Grey.
- Is best friends with Pretty Little Liars (2010) co-star Shay Mitchell.
- Ashley was born two months early weighing 2 pounds 8 oz. She was in ICU for a month. Her parents were told she would need heart surgery on Christmas Day. Prayers were answered when her parents went in Christmas Day and were told by doctors that her heart had closed up. Ashley never needed any surgeries. She was released to go home at 4 1/2 pounds after being hospitalized two months. She has been healthy ever since!.
- In Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal (2008), she beat Carissa Capobianco by giving her two slaps and two punches.
- Her father has English and German ancestry. Her mother’s family is from Ireland.
- In April 2005, signed a 3-year contract with Days of Our Lives (1965).
- Made her acting debut in a 2002 Salon Surprise Barbie Doll commercial.
Personal Quotes by Ashley Benson
My beauty icon is Angelina Jolie.- Ashley Benson
When I was younger, I went through a lot of different phases. One day I’d be punk rock, and the next I would be tomboyish, and then I would be really girly. I was so weird. My two best friends and I were just crazy and goofy!- Ashley Benson
I know what it’s like to be left out… I certainly went through a period of time where I got made fun of and people were so mean to me, so I can really relate to that.- Ashley Benson
I’ve seen a lot of people – for example, Lindsay Lohan – who got into the wrong crowd. I always have my eye on what I want. And I don’t want anything to distract me from that.- Ashley Benson
Everything I do is unfabulous. I’m the most normal person. I love walking everywhere and going to hole-in-the-wall places, like nail shops, because they do the best job. And I go to vintage stores rather than high-end boutiques, because I like to dress different from other people.- Ashley Benson