Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Auli'i Cravalho. Check it out!
Auli’i Cravalho was born on November 22, 2000 in Kohala, Hawaii, USA as Chloe Auli’i Cravalho. She is an actress, known for Moana (2016), Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) and All Together Now (2020).
Interesting Facts about Auli'i Cravalho
- Filmmakers auditioned hundreds of women in the Pacific Islands before selecting Auli’i Cravalho for her debut role as Moana. According to Rachel W. Sutton, Auli’i was the very last girl that auditioned.
- As of the time of her casting for Moana, she lives in the town of Mililani with her mother, Puanani Cravalho.
- In the casting press release, director, John Musker, said she was cast as Moana because of a “certain fearlessness in her auditions and callbacks.” He further said, “She has a playful, mischievous wit. She can project vulnerability, she doesn’t seem intimidated at all by the challenges ahead, and her Polynesian background has helped shape her connection to family, hard work, and music. These are all qualities she shares with Moana”.
- Cravalho is a soprano and sings in her school’s glee club.
- She was discovered by an Oahu casting agent who noticed her singing in a charity competition.
- Is of Chinese, Irish, Native Hawaiian, Portuguese, and Puerto Rican descent.
Personal Quotes by Auli'i Cravalho
When I sing, it’s different from when I speak in a very interesting way. I think that, when you’re singing, a message is carried in a different way. I don’t know if that emotion needs a melody.- Auli'i Cravalho
Moana is definitely a Disney heroine. She’s wonderful, empowered, empowering.- Auli'i Cravalho
From baby time to now, I wanted to be a Disney princess, and then I wanted to be a singer or an actress.- Auli'i Cravalho
No matter where I go, I want to carry my family.- Auli'i Cravalho
Moana is an incredible heroine. She’s strong… She’s got her two feet firmly planted. She’s definitely grounded.- Auli'i Cravalho