Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Avan Jogia. Check it out!
Vancouver native, Avan Jogia landed his first acting role as Danny Araujo on the award-winning TV movie drama A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story (2006), directed by Oscar nominee Agnieszka Holland. Jogia followed up with a recurring role on the SyFy Channel hit series Caprica (2009) as well as becoming series regular role the CW’s Aliens in America (2007). Recently receiving notice amongst a wide audience with his lead role as Beck on Nickelodeon’s Emmy nominated series Victorious (2010), Avan can now be seen as Danny Desai on ABC Family’s Twisted (2013).
Interesting Facts about Avan Jogia
- Was in a punk band in high school.
- Avan co-founded the charity Straight But Not Narrow in 2010 to help train young adults on how to support their LGBTQ friends and colleagues.
- Friend of fellow Canadian actor Landon Liboiron.
- Plays piano, guitar and accordion.
- Good friends with Josh Hutcherson.
- Avan’s father is from a Gujarati Indian family. Avan’s mother has English, Welsh, German, Irish, and French-Canadian ancestry. Part of Avan’s mother’s line had lived in the United States before moving to Canada.
- Best friends with Victoria Justice.
Personal Quotes by Avan Jogia
Apathy in general; people who are not standing up for what they believe in because somebody’s got a louder mouth than them; it doesn’t make any sense.– Avan Jogia
With voice overs… you’re not thinking about the camera. So your voice becomes this thing that you can manipulate. And depending on the character you’re doing, it’s all concentration on your voice.– Avan Jogia
I always do whatever is best for the character.– Avan Jogia
I had to learn a lot on ‘Victorious’ because I had never done multi-camera before. It’s like music: You need to be on it, and there’s no room for subtleties.– Avan Jogia
If I’ve been dating someone for, say, five months, and she cheats on me, I don’t think it would be worth it. I’m not committed enough to the situation to give her a second chance.– Avan Jogia