Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ben Affleck. Check it out!
American actor and filmmaker Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt was born on August 15, 1972 in Berkeley, California, and was raised in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His mother, Chris Anne (née Boldt), is a school teacher, and his father, Timothy Byers Affleck, is a social worker; the two are divorced. Ben has a younger brother, actor Casey Affleck, who was born in 1975. He is of mostly English, Irish, German, and Scottish ancestry. His middle name, Géza, is after a Hungarian family friend who was a Holocaust survivor.
Interesting Facts about Ben Affleck
- Is a first-time uncle to younger brother Casey Affleck’s son, Indiana Affleck, born on May 31, 2004 in Amsterdam, to Casey and his fiancée, actress Summer Phoenix.
- Winner of the 2006 Venice Film Festival’s Volpi Cup for Best Actor for his role in “Hollywoodland”.
- As of 2014, he has appeared in four films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: Field of Dreams (1989), Good Will Hunting (1997), Shakespeare in Love (1998) and Argo (2012), with the two latter winning in the category.
- He and Matt Damon sold their Good Will Hunting (1997) script for $600,000.
- He has the distinction of being the only actor to wear both a Batman suit and Superman suit in two different films.
- Besides being known as the title character in the Daredevil franchise, is also known as Superman in the George Reeves bio-pic “Hollywoodland”.
- Was originally set to play “Don Haskins” in Glory Road (2006), but pulled out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
- Since late 2007 he has made four separate trips to the Democratic Republic of Congo to bring attention to the plight of that country. [November 2008]
- His ancestry is mostly English, Irish, German, Scottish, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and distant/remote Swiss-German, Swedish, French, and Welsh. His maternal great-grandfather, Joseph Raymond Boldt, was born in Rhode Island, to German immigrants, and his maternal great-grandmother, Anne Rita Lenihan, was Irish, born in County Down.
- Became a father for the 2nd time at age 36 when his wife Jennifer Garner gave birth to their daughter Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck on January 6, 2009.
- Majored in Middle Eastern affairs in college.
- Confirms engagement to Jennifer Lopez, after giving her a reported $3.5 million ring. (Nov. 2002)
Personal Quotes by Ben Affleck
I knew I had to get out of Boston and stop making movies there, at least for one movie, otherwise no one would ever consider me for a movie that took place south of Providence.- Ben Affleck
I didn’t do anything for two years but work on ‘Gone Baby Gone,’ and it was miserable and hard, but at the end? It is a good movie. I liked it very much. If it had been dismissed and deemed worthless, it would been definitely devastating. But that didn’t happen.- Ben Affleck
There’s something really great and romantic about being poor and sleeping on couches.- Ben Affleck
All I do, really, is go to work and try to be professional, be on time and be prepared.- Ben Affleck
Narcissism is the part of my personality that I am the least proud of, and I certainly don’t like to see it highlighted in everybody else I meet.- Ben Affleck