Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bill Hader. Check it out!
Bill Hader was born on June 7, 1978 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. He is an actor and writer, known for The Skeleton Twins (2014), Inside Out (2015) and Trainwreck (2015). He was previously married to Maggie Carey.
Interesting Facts about Bill Hader
- While a guest on the PBS genealogy show Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. (2012), Hader discovered that he is directly descended from both King Edward I of England and Charlemagne, King of the Franks and first Holy Roman Emperor, who united most of Western Europe during the early Middle Ages.
- In the feature film, Hot Rod (2007), Bill portrays a character named Dave, who tells a story about tripping on acid (also known as LSD). In the acid trip story, Dave gets a piece of metal stuck in his eye. This acid trip and eye injury story actually happened to one of Bill’s friends, who Bill subsequently took to watch the film.
- Is a producer on the 13th season of South Park (1997).
- Bill often had panic attacks before the live performance of a Saturday Night Live (1975) episode. To help him to relax, his wife came to the SNL studio to do Lamaze breathing exercises with him.
- Met his ex-wife Maggie Carey, while performing as a member of a comedy troupe in a backyard in Van Nuys, California (a suburb of Los Angeles, California). She was sitting in the front row, and afterwards they were introduced by a mutual friend.
- Is allergic to peanuts.
- Even though he is severely allergic to peanuts, in 2013 he was chosen to replace Robert Downey Jr. as the commercial voice of Planter’s Nuts commercial mascot “Mr. Peanut”.
- Part of Judd Apatow’s stock company of actors. He has appeared in five of his films.
- Father manages an air freight company. Mother is a dance teacher.
- During his audition for Saturday Night Live (1975), he was very nervous. Then while improvising his “Vinny Vedecci” character, Tina Fey laughed. Bill said Tina’s laughter made him relax and helped him get through the audition and have fun.
- He was interviewed by Tracy Smith on/for the March 31, 2019 broadcast of CBS News Sunday Morning (1979). The interview was filmed primarily on the Sony Pictures Studio lot in Culver City, California, USA, the studio and primary filming location for Hader’s HBO sitcom, Barry (2018).
- In an interview with Conan O’Brien, Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977)-fan Bill stated that he knew the first time he saw his then-girlfriend’s apartment, she would be his wife: she had “Star Wars” curtains in her living room.
Personal Quotes by Bill Hader
I would do ‘Superbad,’ and the next offers you would get would all be crazy cop characters or crazy security guards or something.- Bill Hader
A lot of times I think people, when they’re doing a movie that’s a family movie, they’re worried about this being too esoteric or too dark or too weird.- Bill Hader
To be honest, I watch way more dramatic films when I’m chilling at home. I think when you work in comedy, you just want something different in your private life. Makes you feel balanced, I guess.- Bill Hader
Pete Davidson – he’s in the movie ‘Trainwreck.’ He has a small part in it. I told Lorne Michaels about him, said he was really funny.- Bill Hader
I worked at a movie theater in Tempe, Arizona, when I went to community college there. And I got fired because a sorority had rented out a theater to watch ‘Titanic,’ and they were being really rude to me while they were waiting for the movie. So as I tore their tickets, I told them the end of the movie.- Bill Hader