Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bradley Cooper. Check it out!
Bradley Charles Cooper was born on January 5, 1975 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His mother, Gloria (Campano), is of Italian descent, and worked for a local NBC station. His father, Charles John Cooper, who was of Irish descent, was a stockbroker. Immediately after Bradley graduated from the Honors English program at Georgetown University in 1997, he moved to New York City to enroll in the Masters of Fine Arts program at the Actors Studio Drama School at New School University. There, he developed his stage work, culminating with his thesis performance as John Merrick in Bernard Pomerance’s “The Elephant Man”, performed in New York’s Circle in the Square.
Interesting Facts about Bradley Cooper
- Ranked #10 on the Empire Online list of the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars (2013).
- Counts directors Sidney Lumet and Hal Ashby among his greatest inspirations as a filmmaker.
- When the media asked why he was not in a romantic relationship with his frequent co-star Jennifer Lawrence, he said it was because she’s too young. However, he revealed to Howard Stern it was just something he said to get them off his back.
- Has an older sister: Holly Cooper.
- Attended and graduated from Germantown Academy in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania (1993).
- While he was studying at the New School, Cooper worked as a doorman at the Morgans Hotel.
- Current and longtime student of David Gideon in New York City.
- Speaks French fluently. He even did an interview, promoting The Hangover Part II (2011) entirely in French.
- Drives a 2007 black Prius, and a 2004 G55 AMG Mercedes truck. He also owns a Vespa, which was a gift from The Hangover Part II (2011) director, Todd Phillips (2011).
- He added 37 pounds for his role as Navy SEAL Chris Kyle in American Sniper (2014) through two intense weight training workouts and consuming 6,000 calories a day.
- Joined forces with Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein to make a short film that was critical of then-Presidential candidate Mitt Romney in the runup to the 2012 election (both Cooper and Weinstein supported President Barack Obama), but the project was ignored after completion when Romney lost to Obama.
- Cooper has spent many weekends with the Learning through the Expanded Arts Program (LEAP), which is a non-profit organization that teaches inner-city school children about acting.
Personal Quotes by Bradley Cooper
For a comedy to work, magic has to happen.Bradley Cooper
Some directors have just one way of working; you either have to adhere to it or you don’t.Bradley Cooper
I think the thought of a traditional family home is awesome. Traditional roles are becoming a thing of the past, but I think there is something really charming about them.Bradley Cooper
I definitely am a huge lover of comedy, and it’s only through doing so many comedies that I’ve realised how much of an influence they’ve been on me.Bradley Cooper
I liked sports but I never really had the confidence. I was always coordinated and it came easy to me, but I didn’t have the confidence to go along with the physical skill.Bradley Cooper