Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Brendan Fraser. Check it out!
Brendan James Fraser was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, to Canadian parents Carol Mary (Genereux), a sales counselor, and Peter Fraser, a journalist and travel executive. He is of Irish, Scottish, German, Czech, and French-Canadian ancestry. As his parents frequently moved, Brendan can claim affinity with Ottawa, Indianapolis, Detroit, Seattle, London and Rome. His early exposure to theatre, particularly in London, led him to Seattle’s Cornish Institute. After graduation he found a minor role as Sailor #1 in River Phoenix’s Dogfight (1991), then somewhat more substantial roles in California Man (1992) and School Ties (1992). He expresses a preference for playing “fish out of water” men. Five more years of supporting work led finally to the title role in George of the Jungle (1997), a role which fully utilized his charm and beefy good looks, as well as offering him a chance to show off his comic talents. He describes this role as the one which dramatically altered his career. Critical raves for his role in Gods and Monsters (1998) pointed to yet another dimension to his dramatic persona.
Interesting Facts about Brendan Fraser
- Has dual citizenship: American and Canadian.
- Chosen by People Magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world. 
- In Singapore for the 3-D film fest. The first film festival specifically dedicated to 3-D technology (3DX: 3D Film & Entertainment Technology Festival). [November 2008]
- Parents: Carol Fraser and Peter Fraser.
- Filming Inkheart (2008) at Shepperton Studios in London. [November 2006]
- He was the first choice for playing the lead role in Inspector Gadget (1999), but the role ultimately went to Matthew Broderick. Fraser had to turn down the role in favor to perform as the title character in George of the Jungle (1997).
- The son of a Canadian travel executive. Among the places he lived in his younger days include Cincinnati, Ohio; Detroit, Michigan; Ottawa, Canada; and Holland.
- Second child, son Holden Fletcher, b. 16 August 2004
- Raised in Holland, Switzerland, and Canada. Educated at Upper Canada College in Toronto, the Actors’ Conservatory, Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle.
- Was considered for the role of Phil Dunphy on Modern Family (2009).
- He was in consideration to play Superman Returns (2006) when Brett Ratner was still attached to the film.
- Was set to play the role of Dr. Steve/Eddie in The Wedding Planner (2001), but scheduling conflicts with filming Bedazzled (2000) prevented him. The role went to Matthew McConaughey.
Personal Quotes by Brendan Fraser
George of the Jungle is a cartoon. He’s a guy who swings around on a vine all day. Are you not buying that?- Brendan Fraser
I still don’t understand the music industry that much. Everything I learned was from hanging out with rock musicians in studios. I certainly have respect for those who make music their livelihood.- Brendan Fraser
I always approach comedy roles pretending they aren’t funny.- Brendan Fraser
I would act whether or not I was paid. I would be involved in ensemble groups. I would have the desire to tell stories.- Brendan Fraser
As sophisticated as the technology gets, the less sophisticated you have to become as an actor.- Brendan Fraser