Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Brooke Shields. Check it out!
“Want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing”. If you have not heard of Brooke Shields before, this tagline from her Calvin Klein Jeans ad had to grab your attention. Not that she has not had a previously noteworthy resume. She was born on May 31, 1965 in New York City and, at age 12, she starred as a child prostitute in Pretty Baby (1978). Could this movie even be made today? It was considered risky and controversial in 1978. It was followed by another blockbuster, the romance adventure drama The Blue Lagoon (1980). Brooke has proved herself to be so much more than her early films. Her broad range of work as an adult would be quite an achievement for anyone, especially given how difficult transitioning from child actor to adult often is.
Interesting Facts about Brooke Shields
- Did an audition for the role of Vivian in Pretty Woman (1990), but the role went to Julia Roberts (and Roberts became a major star with this movie).
- TV Guide magazine chose her as the best TV guest star of 2006 for her performances on Nip/Tuck (2003) and Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001). Others on the list included Forest Whitaker, Chevy Chase, Jane Seymour and David Morse.
- Her attorney is Gerald Lefcourt and her publicist is Jill Fritzo.
- Was a cheerleader in high school and college.
- Since May of 1977, the longest consecutive period of time that has passed without her appearing on the cover of a US or international magazine is seven months.
- She and her Lipstick Jungle (2008) co-star, Kim Raver, both went to the same grade school.
- In Turkey, Brooke Shields was voted the “most beautiful celebrity” by the readers of the mass circulation newspaper Milliyet in 1983.
- Has been romantically linked with Liam Neeson, John Kennedy Jr. and John Travolta.
- Her great-grandmother, Mary Elsie Moore, was the sister of Glenn Close’s grandfather.
- Did a screen test for the role of Princess Leia Organa in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) and the title role in Audrey Rose (1977). 
- Had her marriage to Andre Agassi annulled so she could remarry in the Catholic Church.
- For her role in The Blue Lagoon (1980), Shields became the first ever “Winner” of a Worst Actress RAZZIE Award. She went on to “win” several more RAZZIES, and in 2000 was nominated as Worst Actress of the Century.
Personal Quotes by Brooke Shields
I hope this will help new moms not feel alone or desperate, and that there is no shame in their feelings. PPD is out of their control, but the treatment and healing process is not.Brooke Shields
Too many people use abortion as a form of birth control. And that’s very wrong. I could never, ever have an abortion.Brooke Shields
The older I get, the younger I feel. Growing up, I was always the kid, but I spoke like an adult and was in adult roles. I didn’t feel like a kid. The older I get, I actually feel younger! Which is good. I always thought when you get older, you’ll want to slow down, but I want to do even more.Brooke Shields
Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.Brooke Shields
I’m a hands-on mum and I’m lucky to be able to be that. I can remember the things my mum used to do with me and that time together is so important.Brooke Shields