Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Cameron Diaz. Check it out!
A tall, strikingly attractive blue-eyed natural blonde, Cameron Diaz was born in 1972 in San Diego, the daughter of a Cuban-American father and a German mother. Self described as “adventurous, independent and a tough kid,” Cameron left home at 16 and for the next 5 years lived in such varied locales as Japan, Australia, Mexico, Morocco, and Paris. Returning to California at the age of 21, she was working as a model when she auditioned for a big part in The Mask (1994). To her amazement and despite having no previous acting experience, she was cast as the female lead in the film opposite Jim Carrey. Over the next 3 years, she honed her acting skills in such low budget independent films as The Last Supper (1995); Feeling Minnesota (1996); and Head Above Water (1996). She returned to main stream films in My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997), in which she held her own against veteran actress Julia Roberts. She earned full fledged star status in 1998 for her performance in the box office smash There’s Something About Mary (1998). With her name near the top on virtually every list of Hollyood’s sexiest actresses, and firmly established as one of filmdom’s hottest properties and most sought after actresses, Cameron Diaz appears to possess everything necessary to become one of the super stars of the new century.
Interesting Facts about Cameron Diaz
- Announced her retirement from acting in 2017.
- Was set to play Jane in Fun with Dick and Jane (2005), but bowed out shortly before production due to scheduling conflicts.
- Has been friends with Drew Barrymore since Charlie’s Angels (2000). Both Drew and Cameron are huge fans of the rock group, Ratt.
- Her bridesmaids at her wedding to Benji Madden were her sister Chimene, Nicole Richie, best friend Drew Barrymore, and assistant Jesse Lutz.
- Got alcohol poisoning in Australia at age 18.
- Aunt of Harlow and Sparrow Madden.
- Named #47 on Empire Magazine’s 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. 
- (January 5, 2015) Married her boyfriend of 8 months Benji Madden at their home in Los Angeles following a 2-week-long engagement. Over the weekend, the couple hosted an intimate rehearsal dinner at their Beverly Hills pad for family and friends, including Drew Barrymore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Toni Collette, Reese Witherspoon, Joel Madden and Nicole Richie. The wedding was held in front of 90-plus guests – including bridesmaid, Barrymore, as well as ring bearer and nephew, Sparrow – and took place inside the home, while the reception was held under a tent.
- Sister-in-law of Joel Madden who is married to Nicole Richie.
- Lived with video producer Carlos De La Torre for 4 years.
- Voted as #8 on the “Top 100 Sexiest Women” in FHM [DK]. 
- Police caught an airline security guard at Los Angeles International Airport stealing items from Diaz. Diaz reported her passport and a large sum of cash missing. [December 1999]
Personal Quotes by Cameron Diaz
Women are capable of doing so many things these days, physically, emotionally, within relationships and career. There are so many things that women have evolved into and I feel really proud about where women are right now.Cameron Diaz
Acting is something different to everybody. I just know that if you watch an actor or actress getting better and better, I think that’s them just understanding themselves better and better.Cameron Diaz
Grease is the only cure for a hangover.Cameron Diaz
I think that anything that you do, any accomplishment that you make, you have to work for. And I’ve worked very hard in the last ten years of my life, definitely, and I can tell you that hard work pays off. It’s not just a cliche.Cameron Diaz
I would love a family. I’m at the age where the wish for a child gets stronger. But who knows.Cameron Diaz