Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Cameron Monaghan. Check it out!
Cameron Monaghan was born in Santa Monica, California.
Interesting Facts about Cameron Monaghan
- In 2016, Cameron Monaghan co-starred in season one of PBS’s Civil War medical drama series “Mercy Street” for executive producer Ridley Scott.
- Cameron Monaghan began his show business career at an early age, appearing on his first catalogue cover at age five and his first commercial at age seven.
- In addition to his role as Ian Gallagher in “Shameless,” Cameron Monaghan also plays the Joker-like twins Jerome and Jeremiah Valeska on Fox’s Batman-themed series “Gotham.”
- As a teenager, Cameron Monaghan appeared as one of the title characters in two films based on the popular book series “The Three Investigators.”
- On his mother’s side, he has Polish and Irish ancestry.
- For his performance as Ian Gallagher in season five, Cameron Monaghan received a Critics Choice Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
- Cameron Monaghan, who plays Ian Gallagher, has received four Young Artist Award nominations in the course of his career, including a win in 2005 for his role as a special needs student in “Malcolm in the Middle.”
- To get into character for his villainous role as Jerome Valeska on “Gotham,” Cameron Monaghan created a “schizophrenic” 50-song playlist that included everything from “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” to Norwegian death metal.
- Cameron Monaghan began acting in elementary school stage productions of such shows as “Stuart Little,” “Winnie-the-Pooh” and an adaptation of “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
- Cameron Monaghan’s performance as Jerome Valeska on “Gotham” earned him a 2016 Teen Choice Award nomination in Choice TV Villain category.
- A movie that Cameron Monaghan thinks every actor should see is “The Last Detail” (1973) starring Jack Nicholson. “The story is so human that you can just relate and not care about where the story’s going. There’s something magical about that that every actor should try to achieve.”
- At age nine, Cameron Monaghan co-starred in the 2003 TV remake of the popular musical “The Music Man” opposite Matthew Broderick and Kristen Chenoweth.
Personal Quotes by Cameron Monaghan
I do play the guitar, and I can sing, but just enough to carry a tune.- Cameron Monaghan
The thing about being an actor is that you’re acting. It’s not that big of a deal of to play someone different from yourself.- Cameron Monaghan
I really enjoy dancing. When there’s music around, I can’t help it; I start dancing, especially when I’m with friends.- Cameron Monaghan
Filming is such a nerve-wracking and stressful process for me. I love it so much, and it’s so fun, but I never have a time to fully appreciate it until after I’m done and I get to step back and look back at it.- Cameron Monaghan
God, I don’t think I could give advice when such other incredible actors have done it before me and done such amazing things. I think it would be unfair of me.- Cameron Monaghan