Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Catherine Bell. Check it out!
Catherine was born in London, but she moved to California with her Iranian mother at the age of two. Her mother still acts as her personal assistant. As a girl, she acted in various TV advertisements. She went to UCLA to study biology/ pre-medicine, but she dropped out to become a model in Japan. She moved back into acting with a Mexican commercial for American Express, and then she followed that up by being Isabella Rossellini’s nude body double in Death Becomes Her (1992), when she also met her future husband, Adam Beason, who was the director’s Robert Zemeckis’s assistant. As of 2018, the two reside near Los Angeles with their daughter Gemma Beason and son Ronan Beason.
Interesting Facts about Catherine Bell
- Often plays roles in military movies and TV shows: JAG (1995), Black Thunder (1998), Crash Dive (1996), Men of War (1994), and Army Wives (2007).
- Correctly predicted the winner and final score of Super Bowl XXXVI, in a survey of 70 celebrities who had nothing to do with football conducted by The Sporting News. Specifically, she correctly predicted that the New England Patriots would beat the St. Louis Rams by a score of 20-17. (She is incorrectly rumored to have made this prediction before the season began; in fact, she made it after after both teams had already won their respective conference championships.).
- Friends with comic Kathy Griffin.
- Is very physically fit and loves all sports, particularly kick-boxing, skiing, and snowboarding.
- Studies acting at The Beverly Hills Playhouse with Milton Katselas.
- She is of Iranian and Scottish ancestry.
- Studied for awhile at UCLA, and wanted to be either a surgeon or a biomedical engineer.
- Gave birth to her second child, a son named Ronan who weighed 7lbs 7oz at birth and was 19 3/4 inches long, on 21 August 2010.
- When she was in her 20s, she had thyroid cancer and had to have her thyroid removed. She doesn’t cover the scar on her neck because she thinks it’s kind of cool.
- She is fluent in the Persian language, as well as English.
- Rides a motorcycle.
- Gave birth to a daughter, Gemma on 16 April 2003
Personal Quotes by Catherine Bell
I’ve always been like that. I was a tomboy when I was a kid, so I was always playing baseball and basketball and football and stuff as a kid with the boys.– Catherine Bell
It’s changing a bit, but the thing in LA is everyone is either in the industry, or knows someone who is in the industry. So, they don’t let on that they recognize you, that’s what I’ve found out.– Catherine Bell
We’re just into toys, whether it’s motorcycles or race cars or computers. I’ve got the Palm Pilot right here with me, I’ve got the world’s smallest phone. Maybe it’s just because I’m still a big little kid and I just love toys, you know?– Catherine Bell
Sometimes you work all the way through to 5am, then get a few hours and you’re back on set again.– Catherine Bell
Probably right at the end of JAG, I would love to have a child or two. I ultimately want to have two kids.– Catherine Bell