Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Channing Tatum. Check it out!
Channing Tatum was born in a small town, Cullman, Alabama, 50 miles north of Birmingham. He is the son of Kay (Faust), an airline worker, and Glenn Matthew Tatum, who worked in construction. Growing up, he was full of energy and somewhat troublesome, so his parents decided to enroll him in different sports such as track and field, baseball, soccer, and football to keep him out of trouble. In the ninth grade he was sent to Catholic school. It was there that he discovered his passion for football and his hopes became centered on earning an athletic college scholarship. Channing’s goal was finally met, and in his senior year in high school, he was recruited and earned a full athletic college scholarship to a school in West Virginia.
Interesting Facts about Channing Tatum
- Received a full athletic football scholarship at Glenville State College in West Virginia, but he dropped out of college.
- Made the transition from modeling to acting because he did not find modeling challenging enough for him.
- His favourite childhood film was the adventure comedy film The Goonies (1985).
- Had worked as a construction worker, a mortgage broker, a salesman at the cologne counter of Dillard’s, and a worker in a puppy/kitty nursery before started a modeling career.
- Suffered from ADHD and dyslexia as a child.
- Already an accomplished dancer, Channing learned 1940s style tap dancing for the Coen Brothers’ Hail, Caesar! (2016), in which he plays an actor working in a 1950 musical/dance movie called “Last Call”. In a barroom scene, with a dozen dancing sailors, his dance work required highly acrobatic tap combined with swing style. Doing his own work, one number included going from a standing position in front of the bar to a sustained handstand on the edge of the bar, culminating in somersaults to the end of the bar.
- Born on the same date as Jordana Brewster.
- His first fashion show was at Level Nightclub in South Beach, Miami (November 2000) for Men’s Health magazine. His friend Vincent De Paul asked him to do the show with him. After the fashion show, he began booking editorials for Ocean Drive magazine and his modeling career began.
- Has modeled for Abercrombie & Fitch, Dolce & Gabbana and Aeropostale. In 2002, he starred in commercials for both Mountain Dew (“Drive”) and Pepsi (“Scratching”).
- Was sent to a military school in ninth grade, where he joined the football team and intended to get a scholarship to play after graduation.
- Chosen by People magazine as the Sexiest Man Alive in 2012. He is the first person born in the 1980s to have been given the title (and thus could be considered the first millennial to have been given it).
- Has a female pit-bull mix Lulu.
Personal Quotes by Channing Tatum
You have the dreams that you want, and then you have to do other jobs until you can get to that dream.Channing Tatum
It’s really hard for men to tell other men ‘I love you’ without putting a ‘man’ at the end of it. Like, ‘I love you… man.’ You just can’t look at another man and say, ‘I love you.’Channing Tatum
I don’t know what you’re going through life doing if you’re not really trying to collect some really great memories.Channing Tatum
I read so slow. If I have a script, I’m going to read it five times slower than any other actor, but I’ll be able to tell you everything in it. It kills me that there are standardized tests geared towards just one kind of child.Channing Tatum
The more you try to look sexy, the lamer it is, so you just have to commit to the comedy.Channing Tatum