Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Charlie Hunnam. Check it out!
Charles Matthew Hunnam was born on April 10, 1980 in Newcastle, England, to Jane (Bell), a business owner, and William Hunnam, a scrap metal merchant. At 18 years of age, he made a guest appearance in popular TV series Byker Grove (1989).
Interesting Facts about Charlie Hunnam
- Partner Morgana McNelis (2005-present), is a Los Angeles-based jewelry & costume designer (“Maison de Morgana”). The couple live on a California ranch with 2 donkeys, 30 chickens and enjoy organic farming.
- Does not participate in social media. 
- Was cast as Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) but three weeks before the start of the shooting he chose to drop out the film due personal reasons and his busy schedule with Sons of Anarchy (2008).
- Met ex-wife Katharine Towne at an audition for Dawson’s Creek (1998). The couple married a few weeks later.
- Is a germaphobe insofar as other humans are concerned, but is unfazed by the ‘dirt’ of the natural environment when he’s camping or trekking, for example.
- Was going to play the “stoner” in the small independent film Anderson’s Cross (2010) alongside former Undeclared (2001) co star Samm Levine and good friend Jerome Elston Scott, but couldn’t because of scheduling conflicts. Director Jerome cut the part out of the script completely saying “No one replaces Charlie Hunnam”.
- Now in second season playing the role of “Jax” in ‘Sons of Anarchy’ American television FX channel. [December 2009]
- Divides his time between Los Angeles and London.
- He is of English, 1/8th Irish, and some Scottish descent.
- Currently living in the USA (2004)
- Discovered on Christmas Eve in the shoe department of a JD Sports store in his hometown by a production manager from the TV series Byker Grove (1989). After Charlie had impishly flirted with the woman, she asked him to audition for the series where he landed a supporting role.
- He’s dyslexic.
Personal Quotes by Charlie Hunnam
I was a slightly melancholy child and I think films were a way of escaping for me.– Charlie Hunnam
I’m reading scripts, desperately wanting to work. I’ve set a couple of things up for next year.– Charlie Hunnam
When I was a kid, probably 16 or 17, I got spotted by a model scout that wanted to represent me, and they sent me one modeling job, for Wall’s ice cream. I did one job for them, and then a catwalk shoot for Kangol caps, and decided modeling was not for me.– Charlie Hunnam
If I’d seen a grown man beating a crippled boy, of course I’d intervene. If my father died and left my mother destitute, it’s your instinct to take care of her. So when I started to think about it in those terms, it started to make sense to me.– Charlie Hunnam
Back when I was a kid, I used to tear pages out of magazines and stick them on my bedroom wall – I had the Eternity ads on my wall and the CK One ads. My whole childhood, those were on my wall, and cut to 20 years later, being asked to be the face of one of Calvin Klein’s new fragrances is kind of surreal.– Charlie Hunnam