Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Charlie Sheen. Check it out!
Charlie Sheen was born Carlos Irwin Estévez on September 3, 1965, in New York City. His father, actor Martin Sheen (born Ramon Antonio Gerard Estevez), was at the time just breaking into the business, with performances on Broadway. His mother, Janet Sheen (née Templeton), was a former New York art student who had met Charlie’s father right after he had moved to Manhattan. Martin and Janet had three other children, Emilio Estevez, Renée Estevez, and Ramon Estevez, all of whom became actors. His father is of half Spanish and half Irish descent, and his mother, whose family is from Kentucky, has English and Scottish ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Charlie Sheen
- Played a stoner in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986). Even though his real life drug addiction hadn’t started yet, Sheen told a magazine he stayed up for 48 hours to look the role.
- He was considered for C. Thomas Howell’s role in The Hitcher (1986).
- In 1992, he purchased the ball from Game 6 of the 1986 World Series which was hit by Mookie Wilson and went through Bill Buckner’s legs for more than $93,000.
- He was considered for the role of Mickey Bunce in Drop Dead Fred (1991), which went to Ron Eldard.
- Currently resides in Beverly Hills and Malibu, California.
- He was considered for the role of David Kleinfeld in Carlito’s Way (1993), which went to Sean Penn.
- 5/21/97: Charged with misdemeanor battery against his ex-girlfriend Brittany Ashland.
- Was a partner in Ventura Films, E.M.A. with David Michael O’Neill, David Sherrill and Nick Cassavetes. E.M.A. aparently stood for ‘eat my ass’.
- Married Brooke Mueller in a private ceremony in Los Angeles, California.
- 4/23/98: A thief stole two dozen rare baseball cards belonging to Sheen in NYC — the cards, on loan from the star and valued at $170,000, were housed in a display case at the Official All-Star Cafe, a sport-themed restaurant in Times Square.
- He was interested in the role of Glen Lantz in A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), but according to producer Robert Shaye, he wanted more money than the production could afford. The role went to Johnny Depp in his film debut.
- Former son-in-law of Moira Fiore.
Personal Quotes by Charlie Sheen
The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards, all of them look like droopy-eyed armless children.- Charlie Sheen
Fame is empowering. My mistake was that I thought I would instinctively know how to handle it. But there’s no manual, no training course.- Charlie Sheen
I don’t have a tuxedo that fits anymore because my chest and my biceps are too big.- Charlie Sheen
Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.- Charlie Sheen
I’m sorry, man, but I’ve got magic. I’ve got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time – and this includes naps – I’m an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.- Charlie Sheen