Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Charlize Theron. Check it out!
Charlize Theron was born in Benoni, a city in the greater Johannesburg area, in South Africa, the only child of Gerda Theron (née Maritz) and Charles Theron. She was raised on a farm outside the city. Theron is of Afrikaner (Dutch, with some French Huguenot and German) descent, and Afrikaner military figure Danie Theron was her great-great-uncle.
Interesting Facts about Charlize Theron
- Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year. 
- Ranked #24 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2014 list.
- In 2004 she injured her neck while filming Æon Flux (2005). Fortunately the injury was not serious enough to put her in the hospital, but it did postpone production for several weeks.
- Chosen by Femme Fatales magazine as one of the “50 sexiest women on the planet”. [February 2006]
- Was listed as a potential nominee on the 2006 Razzie Award nominating ballot. She was listed as a suggestion in the Worst Actress category for her performance in Æon Flux (2005). However, she failed to receive a nomination (had she gotten the nomination, she would have been the first person to be nominated for both Leading Actress awards at the Oscars, for North Country (2005), and the Razzies.).
- Auditioned for the female lead of Nomi Malone in Showgirls (1995), which went to Elizabeth Berkley.
- Her last name Theron is correctly pronounced as one syllable.
- Named one of People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. 
- Ranked one of the “most desirable” women on Ask men’s top 99 “most desirable” women of 2013.
- Has said her favorite actor is Tom Hanks.
- (May 3, 2019) Revealed that she landed in the hospital for five days after watching Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006). She went to go see the film while she had a pre-existing injury in her neck – a herniated disk in her neck. She laughed so hard that her neck locked up. An ambulance had to take her to the hospital. Though the movie came out nearly 15 years ago, Theron said she’s never had a chance to pick up where she left off.
- Is involved in women’s rights organizations, and has marched in pro-choice rallies.
Personal Quotes by Charlize Theron
Hey, I’m a girl, and we like to play dress-up.Charlize Theron
And doing a film in that period, and having to really celebrate what they wore back then, how they sat and how they spoke. You know, what the etiquette was back then for a lady. All of those things are like putting on a wig and transforming yourself, which I love.Charlize Theron
My mom has made it possible for me to be who I am. Our family is everything. Her greatest skill was encouraging me to find my own person and own independence.Charlize Theron
I have been working a lot, and I like it. And you know, it’s hard for me not to. I guess I’ve been working a lot because I get to play with brilliant people.Charlize Theron
There’s only so much you can do, but if somebody doesn’t give you a chance there is nothing you can do.Charlize Theron