Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Chris Pine. Check it out!
Chris Pine was born in Los Angeles. His parents are actors Robert Pine and Gwynne Gilford, and his maternal grandparents were Max M. Gilford, a president of the Hollywood Bar Association, and actress Anne Gwynne. His sister, Katherine Pine, has also acted. Chris’s ancestry is Russian Jewish (from his maternal grandfather), English, German, Welsh, and French. Pine attended Oakwood School in the San Fernando Valley, and went on to study English at the University of California, Berkeley where he received a bachelor’s degree. During this time, he spent one year studying at the University of Leeds in England. Pine also studied acting at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. After embarking on an acting career, Pine won guest roles in many television series, and made his feature film debut opposite Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2 (2004). Other roles in film and television followed, but he became an international star when he was cast as James T. Kirk in the hugely successful franchise reboot, Star Trek (2009).
Interesting Facts about Chris Pine
- In 2009, he visited Auschwitz in Poland and the city of Mostar in Bosnia while traveling around Europe.
- Received his Bachelor’s degree in English from the University of California, Berkeley.
- Space adventure appears to run in his family. His grandmother, Anne Gwynne, appeared in Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe (1940). His mother, Gwynne Gilford, appeared in Masters of the Universe (1987), and he and his father, Robert Pine, have both appeared in the Star Trek franchise.
- US Weekly magazine called him “the new Harrison Ford”.
- One of Variety magazine’s Top Ten Actors to watch (2008).
- Was seriously considered for the lead role in TRON: Legacy (2010).
- He was rumored to portray Hal Jordan/Green Lantern in Green Lantern Corps.
- Cousin of Martin Jurow and William Eliscu.
- Born on the same date as Macaulay Culkin.
- Studied acting at the University of Leeds in England and the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
- Was ranked #27 on Entertainment Weekly’s “30 Under 30” the actors list (2008).
- Enjoys skeet shooting.
Personal Quotes by Chris Pine
The mass audience doesn’t want to see you if you aren’t perfect. If you don’t look a certain way, if you don’t have big pecs and great skin and the perfect eyes. And it’s unfortunate, because kids are growing up with body image dysmorphia because not everyone is represented on the screen.- Chris Pine
There are going to be good times and bad times, but lighten up.- Chris Pine
You either listen to the naysayers and fall into the pit of self-loathing, or you stay on the path and move forward.- Chris Pine
Uh, I do not wear a wig in ‘Star Trek’ like I did in ‘Bottle Shock,’ thank God. ‘Bottle Shock’ will be the last wig movie I ever do.- Chris Pine
Anytime you take on a character… you just have to find the parts of the character that you can understand.- Chris Pine