Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Chris Rock. Check it out!
Christopher Julius Rock was born in Andrews, South Carolina and raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York. He is the son of Rosalie (Tingman), a teacher and social worker for the mentally handicapped, and Julius Rock, a truck driver and newspaper deliveryman, whose own father was a preacher.
Interesting Facts about Chris Rock
- Both his father and grandfather were preachers.
- Is a huge fan of Woody Allen.
- Has six younger siblings: Andre Rock, Tony Rock, Brian Rock, Kenny Rock, Andi Rock and Jordan Rock.
- Enjoys a wide range of music such as Jay-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, DMX, Boy George, Elvis Costello, Eminem and Smashing Pumpkins.
- Chosen as #5 in Comedy Central’s 100 Greatest Stand-Ups of All Time. [April 2004]
- In 1993, Paramount offered him the role of Lamont Sanford in a purposed film update of Sanford and Son (1972). He called the idea “insane” and, because of his affection for the late Redd Foxx, lobbied to have the production halted. It was.
- Born on exactly the same date as Jason Gedrick.
- His wife, Malaak Compton, was featured in Redbook magazine as one of the winners of the 2002 Mothers & Shakers Awards. Malaak is the founder and executive director of StyleWorks, a nonprofit, full-service salon that provides free services for women leaving welfare and entering the work force.
- Has two daughters: Lola Simone Rock (born June 28, 2002) and Zahra Savannah Rock (born May 22, 2004).
- Has the rare distinction of being in two movies that opened on the same day in the United States: The Longest Yard (2005) and Madagascar (2005) (May 27, 2005). Both of them stayed at the two top spots at the box office the following weeks, knocking down the last installment of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005). Both became members of the $100 million club.
- Was voted the funniest person in America by Entertainment Weekly.
- Good friends with the late Chris Farley.
Personal Quotes by Chris Rock
A white boy that makes C’s in college can make it to the White House.- Chris Rock
A sense of humor is great – it goes a long, long way in a marriage.- Chris Rock
After I left high school and got my GED, I studied broadcast journalism for a year at a community college.- Chris Rock
There are only three things women need in life: food, water, and compliments.- Chris Rock
No film critic’s going to say it, but ‘Madagascar 3’ is better than ‘The Artist.’- Chris Rock