Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christian Bale. Check it out!
Christian Charles Philip Bale was born in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK on January 30, 1974, to English parents Jennifer “Jenny” (James) and David Bale. His mother was a circus performer and his father, who was born in South Africa, was a commercial pilot. The family lived in different countries throughout Bale’s childhood, including England, Portugal, and the United States. Bale acknowledges the constant change was one of the influences on his career choice.
Interesting Facts about Christian Bale
- Beat out nearly 4,000 other auditions for the role of Jim Graham in Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun (1987).
- Has appeared in Batman Begins (2005) and Terminator Salvation (2009). Both were follow-ups to earlier films (Batman & Robin (1997) and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)) that had starred Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He has two roles in common with Val Kilmer: (1) Kilmer played Batman / Bruce Wayne in Batman Forever (1995) while Bale played Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and (2) Kilmer played Moses in The Prince of Egypt (1998) while Bale played him in Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014).
- Has starred in two films about Native Americans and the founding of America: Pocahontas (1995) and The New World (2005).
- Is an avid fan of video games and cites Super Mario as one of his all-time favorites growing up.
- Is the third Batman to win an Oscar. Ben Affleck won Best Original Screeplay for Good Will Hunting (1997) and George Clooney won Best Supporting Actor for Syriana (2005). Bale also won Best Supporting Actor for The Fighter (2010).
- Has said that he considers it an honor to have been called a “mofo” by Samuel L. Jackson in a movie.
- Friends with Dark Knight Trilogy cast: Michael Caine, Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cottilard and Aaron Eckhart.
- He replaced Leonardo DiCaprio for the film American Psycho (2000).
- Has played both Moses and Jesus, two of the most important figures in the Bible and Christianity in general.
- His fans refer to themselves as “Baleheads”.
- He was considered for the lead role in Robin Hood (2010) that went to Russell Crowe.
Personal Quotes by Christian Bale
Batman’ took 10 months to film, and by the time I stopped working on it, it took a long time before my English accent came out again. I was actually having to try for it.- Christian Bale
I have a fear of being boring.- Christian Bale
All of the muscles were gone, so that was a real tough time of rebuilding all of that. But you have a deadline, you have an obligation. You’ve said that you will commit to this part, and I just can’t live with myself for not really giving it as much as I can.- Christian Bale
I think mostly it’s the adventure that I will have in making the movie. That’s what I look for.- Christian Bale
I never want to feel that I’m playing it safe.- Christian Bale