Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christina Hendricks. Check it out!
Christina Rene Hendricks was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, and grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho. Her father, Robert, originally from England, worked for the U.S. Forest Service, while her mother, Jackie Sue (Raymond), was a psychologist. At the age of 13 her father transferred to the Forest Service Washington, D.C. headquarters and the family moved to nearby Fairfax, Virginia. She began acting at school and went into modeling from the ages of 18 to 27. In her early 20s, she also began appearing on television, landing a recurring role in Beggars and Choosers (1999) in 2000 and another on Kevin Hill (2004) before rising to international fame in Mad Men (2007). As well as her more famously conventional awards nominations (Emmys) and wins (SAG Awards) she also won a SyFy Genre Award in for “Best Special Guest/Television” for her role as Saffron in Joss Whedon’s short-lived Firefly (2002).
Interesting Facts about Christina Hendricks
- Engaged to Geoffrey Arend [January 2009].
- Born in Knoxville, Tennessee, but raised in Twin Falls, Idaho, since the age of three.
- Ranked #33 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Ranked #82 in the 2011 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- Although known as a redhead, Hendricks is a natural blonde having dyed her hair since she was 10 years old.
- (December 13, 2019) Filed for divorce from her husband of 10 years Geoffrey Arend. Hendricks cited “irreconcilable differences” in the documents as her reasoning for the split, and listed their date of separation as April 19, 2019.
- Her hand appears on the poster for American Beauty (1999) (the navel belonging to actress Chloe Hunter).
- Always loved redheads like Ginger Grant from Gilligan’s Island (1964).
- Her character in the television series Firefly (2002) never gave her real name. The three aliases the character used (Yolanda, Saffron, and Bridget) were contracted into the nickname “Yo-Saf-Bridge” in the episode Firefly: Trash (2003).
- Ranked #87 in Men’s Health 100 Hottest Women of All Time (2011).
- In 1989, her family moved to Fairfax, Virginia, where she appeared in several high school plays and local community theatre.
- Lived in Islington, London, England, UK. 
Personal Quotes by Christina Hendricks
My mother never said to lose weight. Diets were never a big deal. My mom was always beautiful and voluptuous and curvy, and I always thought she was gorgeous.- Christina Hendricks
We have defined these characters – people always expect to see me in a pencil skirt. When they see me out of one – much like when they see Jon Hamm’s hair when it isn’t slick – they say, ‘Wait a minute, you’re all 2010!’- Christina Hendricks
Sexiness is about confidence and individuality. I can’t keep my eyes off the women you see in cities like London, New York and Paris – the way they carry themselves and put themselves together are always so unique.- Christina Hendricks
As for the herbal cigarettes, for the most part I don’t smoke as much as the guys do. I’m usually just strutting around a bit more so I don’t actually have to be inhaling it. I’m lucky because I do have scenes where the cigarettes work beautifully to punctuate certain things I’m saying.- Christina Hendricks
I think calling me ‘full-figured’ is just rude.- Christina Hendricks