Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Clint Eastwood. Check it out!
Clint Eastwood was born May 31, 1930 in San Francisco, the son of Clinton Eastwood Sr., a bond salesman and later manufacturing executive for Georgia-Pacific Corporation, and Ruth Wood, a housewife turned IBM operator. He had a comfortable, middle-class upbringing in nearby Piedmont. At school Clint took interest in music and mechanics, but was an otherwise bored student; this resulted in being held back a grade. When Eastwood was 19, his parents relocated to Washington state, and young Clint spent a couple years working menial jobs in the Pacific Northwest. Returning to California in 1951, he did a stint at Fort Ord Military Reservation and later enrolled at Los Angeles City College, but dropped out after two semesters to pursue acting. During the mid-’50s he landed uncredited bit parts in such B-films as Revenge of the Creature (1955) and Tarantula (1955) while simultaneously digging swimming pools and driving a garbage truck to supplement his income. In 1958, he landed his first consequential acting role in the long-running TV show Rawhide (1959) with Eric Fleming. Though only a secondary player for the first seven seasons, Clint was promoted to series star when Fleming departed–both literally and figuratively–in its final year, along the way becoming a recognizable face to television viewers around the country.
Interesting Facts about Clint Eastwood
- His “Fistful” mannerisms was imitated in Canada, by the Tim Horton’s restaurant chain, to promote the 2005 Southwest chicken sub.
- Once punched his fist through a door, ripping his hand. The same day a palmist read his hand – still bleeding – and said she could tell what a ‘tranquil’ person he is.
- Is 35 years older than ex-wife Dina Eastwood. Dina’s parents were 19 and 21 when she was born. This makes Clint 16 years older than his former mother-in-law and 14 years older than his former father-in-law.
- Early in his career he appeared in a “B” western, Ambush at Cimarron Pass (1958), in which he was billed third and leading lady Margia Dean was billed second. Years later, after Eastwood had become a superstar actor and director, Dean ran into him at a social function and teased him, “Just remember, I got top billing over you”.
- Cinematographer Bruce Surtees and actor Geoffrey Lewis are regulars in Eastwood films (he’s directed).
- Mentioned on T.G. Sheppard’s hit single “Make My Day,” which in the first half of 1984 reached #12 on Billboard’s Hot Country Singles chart and also reached #62 on that magazine’s Hot 100 singles survey.
- When he directs, he insists that his actors wear as little makeup as possible and he likes to print first takes. As a result, his films consistently finish on schedule and on budget.
- Notable women Eastwood had affairs with include actresses Mamie Van Doren, Inger Stevens, Jean Seberg, Jo Ann Harris, Jamie Rose, Rebecca Perle, Jill Banner, Catherine Deneuve and Susan Saint James; competitive swimmer Anita Lhoest; singer Keely Smith; restaurant critic Gael Greene; columnist Bridget Byrne; French model Cathy Reghin; WB story analyst Megan Rose; wildlife activist Jane Cameron Agee; and former Carmel mayor Jean Grace. Generally, however, Eastwood preferred unknown women he would not later accidentally meet. In his early 40s, he’d sometimes pick up young ladies from the Carmel tourist shops for quick intercourse in his truck parked on Dolores Street.
- As a director, he has always refused to test screen his films before their release.
- Was offered the role of K in Men in Black (1997), but turned it down.
- Although he can handle pistols with either hand equally well, he is left-eye dominant, evident when he shoots a rifle as in Joe Kidd (1972) or Unforgiven (1992), but is right handed, as seen when he wears or handles one pistol.
- Son of Ruth Wood.
Personal Quotes by Clint Eastwood
I’m interested in the fact that the less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.- Clint Eastwood
When you’re young, you’re very reckless. Then you get conservative. Then you get reckless again.- Clint Eastwood
Men must know their limitations.- Clint Eastwood
If you think it’s going to rain, it will.- Clint Eastwood