Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Cobie Smulders. Check it out!
Cobie Smulders was born on April 3, 1982, in Vancouver, British Columbia, to a Dutch father and an English mother. As a girl, Cobie had set her sights on becoming a doctor or a marine biologist. In fact, it wasn’t until high school that Cobie started to explore acting after appearing in several school productions. As a teenager, Cobie caught the eye of a modeling agency, which led to several years of world travel to places such as France, Japan, Italy, Greece, and Germany. Yet even as Cobie’s modeling career was on the rise, she still managed to attend school, graduating from high school in 2000 with honors.
Interesting Facts about Cobie Smulders
- She has four sisters: Melissa Smulders, Amy Smulders, Fiona Smulders and Julie Smulders.
- The finale episode of her show How I Met Your Mother (2005) was released, and was one of the most watched episodes of the series, the same week that her film Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) opened at #1 at the US box office.
- Named one of the “most desirable” famous women for 2013 in Askmen’s list of the Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- In 2007, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She had tumors on both ovaries and the cancer had spread into her lymph nodes and surrounding tissues. For the next couple of years, she underwent many surgeries to remove the cancerous tissue in her body. She was left with one third of an ovary and was told she would never be able to get pregnant naturally. The doctors were wrong: she went on to welcome two children with husband Taran Killam.
- She has Dutch (father) and British (mother) ancestry.
- (September 8, 2012) Married her boyfriend of seven years and father of her 3-year-old daughter named Shaelyn, Taran Killam, following a 3-year-long engagement. Her full legal name became Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders-Killam.
- Ranked #9 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2011 list.
- Participated in various sports as a teenager including tennis, soccer and swimming.
- Was voted “Most Respected” by her classmates her senior year in high school.
- Is a certified scuba diver and former model.
- While announcing his departure from the long-awaited Wonder Woman (2017) feature, Joss Whedon joked that she was his choice to play Princess Diana of Themiscyra (WW herself).
- Born on the same date as Sofia Boutella.
Personal Quotes by Cobie Smulders
I would really love to sit with Kathryn Hepburn because I find her so interesting.- Cobie Smulders
I was really into ‘Cocktail’ when I was younger – probably the most – followed by ‘Top Gun.’- Cobie Smulders
In my early twenties, I had no idea who I was. And I think that’s one reason you should try different relationships. I’ve had good and bad ones, but I took away things from them that helped me become who I am.- Cobie Smulders
A stay-at-home mom is a working mom. Being a stay-at-home mom is a job.- Cobie Smulders
I remember taking a self-defence class when I was 16, and of course I don’t remember any of it.- Cobie Smulders