Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Colin Farrell. Check it out!
Colin Farrell is one of Ireland’s biggest stars in Hollywood and abroad. His film presence has been filled with memorable roles that range from an inwardly tortured hit man, to an adventurous explorer, a determined-but-failing writer, and the greatest military leader in history.
Interesting Facts about Colin Farrell
- Good friends with Jeremy Renner.
- He says that growing up, one of his childhood idols was Al Pacino. He got the chance to work opposite his hero in The Recruit (2003) (an experience he described as “scary as hell to work opposite a legend,” even though he says Pacino was one of the kindest men he’d ever met and says they still hang out together).
- Has twice taken roles meant for Heath Ledger. One of the roles was Alexander (2004), the second role was The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009). Farrell, along with Jude Law and Johnny Depp, will play a physically altered form of Ledger’s character as he travels through different worlds.
- He has acted alongside four actors who’ve played the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman: Ben Affleck in Daredevil (2003), Val Kilmer in Alexander (2004), Christian Bale in The New World (2005), and Michael Keaton in Tim Burton’s Dumbo.
- Resides in Dublin, Ireland and Los Angeles, California.
- His sister Claudine Farrell is also his personal assistant.
- The youngest of the four children, he has one brother Eamonn Farrell and two sisters: Catherine Farrell and Claudine Farrell.
- Was in a relationship with Amelia Warner in 2001 and reports surfaced that they married. However, the couple had a ceremony that wasn’t a legal marriage ceremony, on a beach in Tahiti while on holiday. According to Warner, they booked the event along with shark feeding as another activity.
- He has two tattoos on his left forearm. The first one is the words “Carpe Diem” (Latin for “Seize the day”). Beside this tattoo there is a second tattoo, which is a black cross.
- On his left ring finger, above the knuckle he has the name “Millie” tattooed. “Millie” was a nickname for his former girlfriend Amelia Warner.
- Separated with Alicja Bachleda on October 15, 2010.
- His son James has Angelman Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder.
Personal Quotes by Colin Farrell
I like to go for a little drive up the California coast.- Colin Farrell
Magic is at the core of myths.- Colin Farrell
I do enjoy reading some science fiction.- Colin Farrell
My Dublin wasn’t the Dublin of sing-songs, traditional music, sense of history and place and community.- Colin Farrell
I’ve never seen a moon in the sky that, if it didn’t take my breath away, at least misplaced it for a moment.- Colin Farrell