Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Colin Hanks. Check it out!
Colin Lewes Hanks is an American actor. He was born in Sacramento, California, to actors Samantha Lewes and Tom Hanks. Colin is best-known for his work as “Jack Bailey” in the series, The Good Guys (2010) and as “Alex Whitman” in Roswell High (1999). Hanks’ best-known film role may be in the teen movie, Orange County (2002), with Jack Black and John Lithgow. His best-known television role was “Alex Whitman”, the love interest of Katherine Heigl in the science fiction series, Roswell High (1999) between 1999 and 2001. Hanks also made an appearance in an episode of The O.C. (2003). He appeared in part eight of the HBO mini-series, Band of Brothers (2001).
Interesting Facts about Colin Hanks
- His mother, Samantha Lewes, died of bone cancer on March 13, 2002.
- Real-life father Tom Hanks also played his father in The Great Buck Howard (2008).
- Starred with John Lithgow in Orange County (2002). John went on to play the main antagonist, “Trinity”, in Dexter (2006), series 4, Colin went on to play the main antagonist, “Travis Marshall”, in Dexter (2006), series 6.
- Father of his 2nd child with his wife, Samantha Bryant. His 2nd daughter Charlotte Bryant was born July 2, 2013.
- His last name at birth was Dillingham, his mother’s name, but he changed it to Hanks after his parents married.
- Colin’s paternal grandmother was of Portuguese descent, while Colin’s maternal grandfather’s mother was of Austrian Jewish and Polish Jewish ancestry. Colin’s other roots are Cornish, English, Scottish, Irish, German, and Welsh.
- Older brother of Elizabeth Hanks.
- Both Colin Hanks and his father, Tom Hanks, have been “Not My Job” quiz contestants on the National Public Radio show, “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!”. Both won the quiz.
- The TV series The O.C. (2003) was originally to be called “Orange County” but the title was changed due to the film of the same name. Hanks has appeared in both the film and the series.
- Stepnephew of Chris Wilson.
- Attended Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles at the same time as Linda Cardellini, Sarah Vato and Busy Philipps.
- Son of Tom Hanks and Samantha Lewes
Personal Quotes by Colin Hanks
I’m the quiet bass player.- Colin Hanks
My dad has always been extremely supportive in every decision I’ve made and much more interested in me picking what I wanted to do.- Colin Hanks
I didn’t want to come up with some generic Johnny Bravo type name. I’m not that cool, so I might as well stick with my birth name.- Colin Hanks
I don’t need to know how they make Coca-Cola. I think it tastes just fine not knowing what the ingredients are. I think there are some things that should be kept secret.- Colin Hanks
I was in two very horrible bands.- Colin Hanks