Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Colin O'Donoghue. Check it out!
O’Donoghue was born and raised in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland, in a Roman Catholic family. He initially attended Dundalk Grammar School, and then The Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin. At age 16, O’Donoghue went to Paris, France, for a month to learn the French language. Colin’s early career was mainly split between theatre and television work in Ireland and the UK. In 2003, Colin won the Irish Film and Television Award for “Best New Talent” for his role as Norman in “Home For Christmas.
Interesting Facts about Colin O'Donoghue
- Father of his 2 children with wife Helen, a son Evan James O’Donoghue was born August 1, 2013, and a daughter Millie, born in May 2017.
- Appears in Christina Perri’s “The Words” music video.
- Has a brother, named Allen.
- His wife Helen is a schoolteacher.
- At the age of 16 went to Paris for a month to learn to speak French.
- In Once Upon a Time (2011), Colin O’Donoghue plays Killian Jones (aka Captain Hook), father of Alice, played by Rose Reynolds, despite her being only 10 years younger in real life.
- Attended The Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin.
- He was a guitarist for the band The Enemies, a five piece band from his native Ireland that he co-founded in 2002. He had to quit in 2012 due to his work as an actor.
- Vancouver, BC, Canada: Filming Once Upon A Time [November 2012]
- Parents are Con and Mary O’Donoghue.
- He was among the final contenders to play Superman in ‘Man Of Steel (2013)’. The role eventually went to Henry Cavill.
- Supported the legalization of civil marriages between homosexuals in Ireland in name of Equality before the Law.
Personal Quotes by Colin O'Donoghue
I had seen ‘Hook’ growing up – it was one of my favorite films – and I had seen the version of ‘Peter Pan’ that Jason Issacs was in, and I had seen the older versions, obviously the Disney version.- Colin O'Donoghue
I was a ‘Star Wars’ fanatic growing up. I guess I still am. Pretty much for everybody who grew up in the 1980s as well, it’s a symbol of their childhood.- Colin O'Donoghue
Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman are just incredible.- Colin O'Donoghue
I don’t sit and listen to music all day, although music is a big influence on me.- Colin O'Donoghue
When I was younger, I was hopefully going to do animation and special effects.- Colin O'Donoghue