Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Connie Britton. Check it out!
Connie Britton began playing country music fading sensation Rayna Jaymes in Nashville (2012) after having wrapped production for the five season long Friday Night Lights (2006) alongside Kyle Chandler. She previously appeared in Universal’s Friday Night Lights (2004) -the movie- directed by Peter Berg and also starring Billy Bob Thornton; and Edward Burns’ independent feature Looking for Kitty (2004).
Interesting Facts about Connie Britton
- Taught aerobics in college and, after arriving in New York City, while waiting to get any acting jobs.
- Studied Chinese with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, in Beijing, for a summer during university. They both majored in Asian Studies at Dartmouth College. Aisha Tyler also attended Dartmouth College with them.
- Friends with Sheryl Crow.
- Started acting at the age of seven when she, her twin sister and their cousin put on plays with names like “Murder on the Sunshine”.
- Has played three characters which all share her first name – Emotional Rescue, The Life Coach (2005) and a guest role in The West Wing (1999).
- Has a pit-mix dog named Lucy.
- Lives in a home in the Hollywood Hills (beneath the “D” of the Hollywood sign).
- Plays the wife of the main coach character in both the movie Friday Night Lights (2004)and its TV adaptation, Friday Night Lights (2006), even though her characters have different names in the two.
- Nominated for the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television category for her role as Debra Newell in Dirty John (2018), but lost to Patricia Arquette for Escape at Dannemora (2018).
- Was a sister in Sigma Delta sorority at Dartmouth College, graduating in 1989.
- Has an adopted son named Eyob Britton (born January 25, 2011, adopted in November, 2011) from Ethiopia.
- Bears a resemblance to actress Jennifer Warren.
Personal Quotes by Connie Britton
In terms of ‘American Horror Story’ and ‘Nashville,’ what attracted me to those, and ‘Friday Night Lights,’ for that matter, is that they felt like something innovative and something that we hadn’t seen before. As an actor, that’s exciting.- Connie Britton
Beauty is about what’s inside us, loving who we are and nurturing that. Outward beauty can really blossom from there.- Connie Britton
My whole background is theater, and theater is to some degree presentational.- Connie Britton
Beatriz’ has been a slow burn; people are still finding the movie. It’s actually similar to the first few years of ‘Friday Night Lights.’- Connie Britton
I’m booby and kind of curvy, so I definitely need to wear things that work with that. I can’t just put on a muumuu, because it looks crazy on me.- Connie Britton