Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Corey Haim. Check it out!
Corey Haim was born in Toronto, Ontario, to Judy Haim, an Israeli-born data processor, and Bernie Haim, a clothing sales representative. He has a sister, Carol, and a half-brother, Daniel. His family is Jewish. He was raised mostly in Willowdale.
Interesting Facts about Corey Haim
- Haim was engaged to model Cindy Guyer in 2000. He proposed to Guyer two days after they met at a Chicago autograph show.
- Bill Egert’s character Sean Haim in the movie Detour (2002) was named after him, as Egert’s favorite actor.
- Formerly engaged to actress Tiffany Shepis. [Oct. 30, 2008].
- Has appeared in a movie with Mario Lopez “Fever Lake” (1996). Was also in 2 movies “Demolition High” (1996) & “Demolition University” (1997) where his characters last name was “Slater”. was also in “Busted” (1997) where his name was “Clifford” and in “Fever Lake” (1996) his name was “Albert”. Mario Lopez played “A.C. Slater” on “Saved by the Bell” (1989) (the A & C stood for Albert Clifford).
- Ranked #26 on VH1’s 100 Greatest Kid Stars.
- Was engaged to Holly Fields (not the boxer) in 1996, but broke up.
- Brooke McCarter managed him up to the mid 1990s until Corey’s drug problem caused a fallout.
- Parents Bernie and Judy divorced when Corey was 11 years old. They were married for 18 years.
- He and Corey Feldman were known as the Two Coreys at the peak of their careers in the 1980s.
- Was buried at Pardes Shalom Cemetery in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada on March 16th, 2010. Because Haim was broke at the time of his death, a celebrity memorabilia site that he sometimes sold items to, Startifacts, had donated $20,000 to cover the cost of the transportation and headstone. The check was subsequently canceled when it was found the funeral home was covering the cost already.
- Got into acting because his mom put him into acting lessons to help him deal with his shyness and it later became a career because his older sister Carol Haim was auditioning for roles.
- He was in a relationship with actress Alyssa Milano from 1987 to 1990.
Personal Quotes by Corey Haim
What does kissing really mean to me? To me, if you feel, when you kiss a girl, that certain feeling of all those dolphins, like, swimming through your blood stream, and you get those good tingles inside your stomach, I don’t think there’s any better feeling.- Corey Haim
I always thought acting was all lights, camera, action. It’s a job; you have to do your job correctly.- Corey Haim
I’ve gotten to work with some great people. I’ve been really lucky.- Corey Haim
I absolutely did date Victoria Beckham, yes.- Corey Haim
I wanted to play professional hockey, man. But when I acted, I thought, ‘Well, okay, maybe I do have something here.’- Corey Haim