Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dacre Montgomery. Check it out!
Dacre was born in 1994 in Perth, Western Australia. His mother is Australian-Canadian and his father is a New Zealander. At the time of his birth both of his parents were working in the film industry and he spent many hours during his childhood on film sets where he developed a love of acting. Dacre was accepted into WAAPA to undertake his 3 year Bachelor of Arts in Acting.
Interesting Facts about Dacre Montgomery
- He has dual Australian and Canadian citizenship.
- Even though it was filmed in his homeland of Australia, Better Watch Out (2016) marked his acting debut in an American film, as well as his first major film credit.
- His name, Dacre, is after his descent, on his mother’s side, from the Barons Dacre of England (a Baronship that traces back to 1321, when Ralph Dacre became Lord Dacre).
- Based some of his performance as Billy in Stranger Things (2016 – ) on his own experiences being bullied in school.
- First name pronounced ”day-ker”.
- Is descended from Charles II of England (1630-1685), who was King of England, Scotland, and Ireland, from 1660 to 1685, and King of Scotland, from 1649 to 1651. This descent is through Charles’ daughter, Anne Lennard, Countess of Sussex. Actors Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are also descended from Charles II.
Personal Quotes by Dacre Montgomery
I love food, and my girlfriend comes from an architecture background, so we might open up a restaurant.- Dacre Montgomery
It’s not just the actor in front of the camera. And it’s important to have respect for all those people that work behind the camera.- Dacre Montgomery
My parents worked in the film industry, but they both worked behind the camera, so I like to think that I have a really good understanding of how all the parts of the puzzle come together to make a film or TV show.- Dacre Montgomery
That’s part of the dream – doing my own stunts!- Dacre Montgomery
It sounds super cliche, but my sister is 12 years younger than me, and I remember when I was there holding her in my arms for the first time. And that kind of responsibility you feel when you hold a child in your arms.- Dacre Montgomery