Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dave Bautista. Check it out!
David Michael Bautista, Jr. was born on January 18, 1969 in Washington, D.C., to Donna Raye (Mullins) and David Michael Bautista, a hairdresser. His father is Filipino, and his mother has Greek ancestry.
Interesting Facts about Dave Bautista
- Has a son named Oliver, who was born after the divorce from his second wife.
- Published author.
- Shares the same birth name as his father, David Michael Bautista.
- Started his career in Ohio Valley Wrestling, a WWE developmental territory. He wrestled there in 2000-2002 under the name Leviathan. He was a member of OVW’s Disciples of Synn. Won the OVW Heavyweight Championship title in November 2001. A few months later, he joined the WWE. He debuted in WWE as a bodyguard to Devon Hughes (D-Von Dudley) on the ‘SmackDown!’ brand. He later moved to ‘RAW’ and began wrestling with Ric Flair as his manager.
- In April 2008, lost to Shawn Michaels at WWE Backlash (2008).
- Admits to having grown up very poor.
- In November 2006, won back World Heavyweight title from Booker Huffman (King Booker) at Survivor Series (2006). In April 2007, lost the title to Mark Calaway (The Undertaker) at WrestleMania 23 (2007).In September 2007, defeated the Dalip Singh (The Great Khali) and Rey Mysterio in a triple threat match at WWE Unforgiven (2007) to win his third World Heavyweight title. In November, successfully defended his title against The Undertaker in a ‘Hell in a Cell’ match at Survivor Series (2007). In December, lost his title to Adam Copeland (Edge) in a triple threat match against at WWE Armageddon (2007).In October 2008, won his fourth World Heavyweight title at WWE Cyber Sunday (2008), defeating Chris Jericho. However, Jericho won his title back in a Steel Cage match at “RAW”.
- Grew up in the Washington DC area and often worked as a bouncer at many clubs in the area.
- Is a Registered Democrat.
- Got into wrestling after meeting Road Warrior Animal & Curt Hennig at a body building show in Minneapolis.
- Is an accomplished break dancer, a skill used in a TV trailer for Summerslam 2004
- Teamed up with fellow Evolution members, Triple H and Ric Flair to attack former Evolution member, Randy Orton just a few minutes after he defended his World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Benoit 1 day after he won it. [August 2004]
Personal Quotes by Dave Bautista
I’m not a big guy. I’m not a menacing guy. I’m not an intimidating guy. I may look that way, but just spend two seconds talking to me, and you know that’s not who I am – not as a person, as a character. It’s not who I intend to be.- Dave Bautista
Just getting auditions was rough. But also just learning how to act – when I did my first role, in a film I did which was a favour to a friend, I realised I was really bad at it.- Dave Bautista
I don’t watch my playbacks because I hate to see myself act.- Dave Bautista
For some reason, I struggle seeing myself as a leading man.- Dave Bautista
Drax isn’t your average stereotypical soldier/warrior/musclehead. He actually has some depth. It was a character that I wanted to play, not only because I love acting so much, but also, I needed to play to get people to actually take me seriously as an actor and get away from the pro wrestling label.- Dave Bautista