Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Denis Villeneuve. Check it out!
Denis Villeneuve is a French Canadian film director and writer. He was born in 1967, in Trois-Rivières, Québec, Canada. He started his career as a filmmaker at the National Film Board of Canada. He is best known for his feature films Arrival (2016), Sicario (2015), Prisoners (2013), Enemy (2013), and Incendies (2010). He is married to Tanya Lapointe.
Interesting Facts about Denis Villeneuve
- All-time favorite film is Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).
- Member of the ‘Official Competition’ jury at the 71st Cannes International Film Festival in 2018.
- Abandoned an interest in science in college to pursue his love of filmmaking. Then studied film at Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Father of Salomé Villeneuve.
- Mulholland Dr. (2001) is one of his favorite movies.
- His first language is French.
- He is a big fan of Christopher Nolan.
- Older brother of TED2013 speaker Martin Villeneuve, director of Mars et Avril (2012).
- His influences include Steven Spielberg, Francois Truffaut, Jean-Luc Goddard, Stanley Kubrick, Ingmar Bergman, Ridley Scott, Jacques Audiard ,Yorgos Lanthimos, Pierre Perreault and Michael Brault.
- Doesn’t use any music when he’s editing which means the first edit of his films is without music.
- First name is pronounced “Denny”.
Personal Quotes by Denis Villeneuve
Sometimes you have compulsions that you can’t control coming from the subconscious… they are the dictator inside ourselves.- Denis Villeneuve
I was raised with James Bond. I love James Bond movies. I would love to do a James Bond movie one day. Action is very cinematic.- Denis Villeneuve
The problem in cinema is that you can never predict what will happen.- Denis Villeneuve
If you don’t deal with your shadows, you are condemned to repeat the same mistake over and over, as a human being or as a society.- Denis Villeneuve
A longstanding dream of mine is to adapt ‘Dune,’ but it’s a long process to get the rights, and I don’t think I will succeed.- Denis Villeneuve