Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Diane Kruger. Check it out!
Diane Kruger was born Diane Heidkrüger in Algermissen, near Hildesheim, Germany, to Maria-Theresa, a bank employee, and Hans-Heinrich Heidkrüger, a computer specialist. She studied ballet with the Royal Ballet in London before an injury ended her career. She returned to Germany and became a top fashion model. She later pursued acting and relocated to Paris at the suggestion of filmmaker Luc Besson (The Fifth Element (1997)). She married French actor Guillaume Canet (The Beach (2000)) in 2001.
Interesting Facts about Diane Kruger
- Is very good friends with ex-husband Guillaume Canet.
- Has stated that she has a deathly fear of horses and will not star in any movies that requires her riding a horse.
- Ranked #88 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2009.
- Studied acting at the Cours Florent, a prestigious drama school in Paris, France. She won the Classe Libre award as the best actor in her year.
- Ranked #83 on AskMen’s “Top 99 Women” list in 2010.
- Represented Germany in Elite Model Management’s “Look of the Year” competition in 1992, at the age of 16.
- Began training at the Royal Ballet School in London during her summer breaks from school when she was 11 with aspirations of becoming a professional ballerina. However, when she was 13 she suffered a knee injury that required two metal plates to be inserted, effectively ending her dreams.
- Ranked #50 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” list in 2005.
- Named the “Sexiest International Import” on Victoria’s Secret’s “What Is Sexy” list in 2012.
- Was made an Officer in the Order of Arts and Letters (Ordre des Arts et des Lettres), a French Order of Merit, for her contributions to French cinema in 2014.
- In a relationship with Norman Reedus since 2016. They have a daughter together (b. November 2018).
- She has a younger brother, Stefan.
Personal Quotes by Diane Kruger
I feel as if sometimes women can’t deal with what’s going on and they have no one around who actually understands.- Diane Kruger
Modeling is so… not superficial. Well, I guess it is. But it’s boring.- Diane Kruger
I don’t know about style. I know about my personal style.- Diane Kruger
I think they went with the idea that people know the story pretty much- knowing that he’s going to take her when she’s going to go with him. Also, the movie is really focused on Achilles and Hector and their battles.- Diane Kruger
For exercise, I tend to like the outdoors. In Paris, I rent a bike in the street and cycle around, and in L.A. I live up in the hills so I go hiking a lot. I like to stay fit by being generally active.- Diane Kruger