Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Diane Lane. Check it out!
Diane Lane was born on January 22, 1965, in New York. She is the daughter of acting coach Burton Eugene “Burt” Lane and nightclub singer/centerfold Colleen Farrington. Her parents’ families were both from the state of Georgia. Diane was acting from a very young age and made her stage debut at the age of six. Her work in such acclaimed theater productions as “The Cherry Orchard” and “Medea” led to her being called to Hollywood. She was 13 when she was cast by director George Roy Hill in his wonderful 1979 film A Little Romance (1979), opposite Sir Laurence Olivier. The film only did so-so commercially, but Olivier praised his young co-star, calling her the new Grace Kelly. After her well-received debut, Diane found herself on magazine covers all over the world, including “Time”, which declared her the “new young acting sensation”. However, things quietened down a bit when she found herself in such critical and financial flops as Touched by Love (1980), Cattle Annie and Little Britches (1981), Movie Madness (1982), Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains (1982) and, most unmemorably, Six Pack (1982), all of which failed to set her career on fire.
Interesting Facts about Diane Lane
- Was considered for the role of Ana in the remake of Dawn of the Dead (2004), which eventually went to Sarah Polley.
- Ex-stepmother of Josh Brolin’s children, Eden Brolin and Trevor Brolin, from Brolin’s first marriage to Alice Adair.
- 2003: Attended the Academy Awards with Josh Brolin.
- As of 2018, has never appeared in a film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.
- Has starred with Richard Gere in three movies to date: The Cotton Club (1984), Unfaithful (2002) and Nights in Rodanthe (2008).
- In 2013, this was announced that Lane had been cast as Hillary Clinton in a television miniseries that Fox network was going to produce to air on NBC about the former First Lady. But in August, Fox canceled plans for the production.
- Met first husband Christopher Lambert while filming Love Dream (1988), together. They eventually had a daughter, Eleanor Lambert, and later divorced.
- One of Francis Ford Coppola’s favorite actresses – she has starred in no less than four of his films.
- 1980: She was hit in the eye with a tennis ball, the impact of which caused permanent pupil dilation.
- Separated from her second husband of 8 years Josh Brolin. [February 2013]
- Has co-starred with Matt Dillon in three films: The Outsiders (1983), Rumble Fish (1983) and The Big Town (1987).
- Daughter of acting coach Burt Lane and Playboy centerfold Colleen Farrington (Miss October 1957).
Personal Quotes by Diane Lane
I love the rebelliousness of snail mail, and I love anything that can arrive with a postage stamp. There’s something about that person’s breath and hands on the letter.- Diane Lane
I was so much more insecure at 19. Thank God. It would be really cruel if there were a 19-year-old walking around with my confidence.- Diane Lane
Secretariat was just ridiculously endowed with every positive quality that a person would seek out in a non-human. He was very aware of his environment; he surveyed the terrain before he ran and would look people in the eye.- Diane Lane
A lot can change in the editing room.- Diane Lane
But I do love horses. They are such an expression of joy.- Diane Lane