Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Diego Luna. Check it out!
Diego Luna Alexander was born on December 29, 1979 in Mexico City, Mexico, to Alejandro Luna and Fiona Alexander, who worked as a costume designer. His father is Mexican and his mother was British, of Scottish and English descent. His mother died when Diego was only two, in a car accident. He soon became immersed in his father’s passion, entertainment – Alejandro is the most acclaimed living theatre, cinema and opera set designer in Mexico.
Interesting Facts about Diego Luna
- Has the same date of birth as Justin Roberts.
- His mother, Fiona Alexander, died in 1982.
- Was born in the same town as Fernanda Romero.
- Was in a relationship with Suki Waterhouse (2015-2018).
- Wife, Camila Sodi, gave birth to their second child, a daughter named Fiona, on July 1, 2010. The baby is named after Diego’s mother who passed away when he was two.
- Sang with Zoe Saldana on the song “No Matter Where You Are” for the soundtrack for The Book of Life (2014).
- Met ex-wife Camila Sodi on the set of The Night Buffalo (2007). They split up in 2013.
- Wife, Camila Sodi, gave birth to their first child, a son named Jerónimo, on August 12, 2008. He weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. and was 22 inches long.
- Co-founder of the production company Canana Films [mx] along with childhood friend and fellow actor Gael García Bernal and Mexican producer Pablo Cruz. The company focuses on Mexican – and Latin American-themed features that deal with social justice issues.
- Best friends with Gael García Bernal since childhood.
- Was romantically linked to Olga Segura and Paulina Dávila.
- Good friends with Romola Garai.
Personal Quotes by Diego Luna
You exorcise the things that haunt you. That’s one good thing about any artistic discipline.- Diego Luna
Sadly, there are a lot of ignorant people that have access to a microphone.- Diego Luna
My dad was a theater designer, and I spent a lot of time hanging around the dressing room listening to whatever the actors were listening to, which is where I heard Pink Floyd for the first time.- Diego Luna
When I was a teenager, I went on an organised three-day tour of Rome. It was the worst experience ever. I promised myself that I would never travel like that again, with someone telling you what to see and what not to see.- Diego Luna
Cinema is a mirror that can change the world.- Diego Luna