Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dylan Minnette. Check it out!
Dylan Christopher Minnette was born December 29, 1996 in Evansville, Indiana, to Robyn and Craig Minnette. Scouted by an agent in Chicago, Dylan began work on commercial modeling and acting at the age of seven. He later relocated to Los Angeles, CA to continue his acting career.
Interesting Facts about Dylan Minnette
- He born in Evansville, Indiana, moved briefly to Champaign, Illinois for 5 years, and later moved to Los Angeles.
- The band has since performed at many famous LA venues including The Roxy and Whisky a Go Go. Their song Bleeding Man was used in the promo for season 2 of R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour.
- In 2011, Dylan Minnette appeared in his first major feature film role in the romantic horror Let Me In (2010) with Chloë Grace Moretz.
- Received a Young Artist Award for his role on Saving Grace (2007).
- Dylan Minnette is not only an actor, but also a talented musician.
- Won the 98.7 F.M. Battle of Bands contest and is up to perform at the Vans Warped Tour 2011.
- He is of English, German, Scottish, Irish, and distant Welsh, ancestry. His surname comes from his Irish immigrant great-great-great-great-grandparents, Martin Minnett and Bridget Kelly.
- Likes classic rock: Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, etc. and rock: Nirvana, The Strokes, etc.
- Nominated Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Supporting Young Actor) in Let Me In (2010).
- Minnette also appeared in “The Crow & the Butterfly” video from the rock group Shinedown.
- The Feaver won a battle of the bands contest (2010) sponsored by 98.7 FM and played at Vans Warped Tour 2011.
- In 2013, Dylan got guest starring roles on other network shows Major Crimes (2012) (TNT), Nikita (2010) (CW) and Save Me (2013) (NBC).
Personal Quotes by Dylan Minnette
It’s really surreal to be in something under the ‘Goosebumps’ title.- Dylan Minnette
I knew about ‘Haunting Hour’ and that it was basically the new ‘Goosebumps’. When I got offered the role of Corey, I was really excited because I basically felt like I was going to be in a new generation of ‘Goosebumps’. It was a lot of fun, because I just love those scary shows, and I’m such a big fan of the horror genre.- Dylan Minnette
One time, this guy at this music festival would not let me off the hook that I was Percy Jackson. He was like, ‘Quit lying to me, bro, I know you’re Percy Jackson.’ I was like, ‘I swear to God, I’m not Percy Jackson.’- Dylan Minnette
Goosebumps,’ actually, was a very big part of my childhood, growing up, and it inspired me to get into horror and all that good stuff.- Dylan Minnette
I have this ability to really leave set and just cut off from it immediately.- Dylan Minnette