Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dylan O’Brien. Check it out!
Dylan O’Brien was born in New York City, to Lisa Rhodes, a former actress who also ran an acting school, and Patrick B. O’Brien, a camera operator. His father is of Irish descent and his mother is of English, Spanish, and Italian ancestry. Dylan grew up in Springfield Township, Union County, New Jersey, before moving with his family to Hermosa Beach, California when he was 12 years old. Before getting bit by the acting bug, Dylan planned to attend film school and become a cinematographer, just like his father. But once he landed the role of Scott’s (Tyler Posey) goofy sidekick Stiles on Teen Wolf (2011), he decided to put off school (he was initially under consideration for the role of Scott, but he was more interested in playing Stiles).
Interesting Facts about Dylan O’Brien
- He first got noticed in his senior year of high school by a director who saw the YouTube videos he did at the time. After the experience of filming a web series with her, he decided to pursue a career in acting while taking classes at community college. He eventually left college after a few months when he scored the role of Stiles on MTV’s Teen Wolf after four auditions.
- Was seriously injured during filming a scene for Maze Runner: The Death Cure (2018). Filming for the film was immediately halted after O’Brien was hospitalized and the release date was pushed back, from February 17, 2017 to, ultimately, January 26, 2018. [March 2016]
- Was reported to be considered for Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), among others, before the role went to Tom Holland. On March 1, 2015, a source on Reddit stated that Dylan had been cast in the role, a story that was repeated by most prominent film news sites. In both the 2010 and 2015 casting cycles for Spider-Man, no actor reported by film websites as being all-but-confirmed for the role has ever ended up actually cast as Spider-Man. The other actors erroneously reported to have been cast are Logan Lerman (in April 2010), Jamie Bell (in June 2010), Josh Hutcherson (on June 30, 2010, one day before the official casting of Andrew Garfield), and Asa Butterfield (in May 2015).
- Dylan’s father is of Irish ancestry. Dylan’s mother is of English, as well as Spanish and Italian, descent.
- Played drums in the band called “Slow Kids At Play”.
- His father is a camera operator and his mother was a stage actress when she was younger.
- He is a New York Mets fan.
- He has one older sister named Julia; they are 16 months apart.
Personal Quotes by Dylan O’Brien
I’ll always be reading a good book. I don’t have, like, specific genre tastes or anything or things that I kind of get hooked on, reading genre books or anything like that. It’s just really anything anyone kind of recommends or is going around or I hear is good.– Dylan O’Brien
When I was younger, I used to just want to please everybody and not want to be an issue or not be considered a diva. I’ve just grown up and realized you have to look out for yourself and stick up for yourself, and there’s nothing wrong with that.– Dylan O’Brien
I feel like I’m good with girls. I understand them and am good at loving them. I’ve always felt like that’s been natural for me.– Dylan O’Brien
You don’t disrupt genius at work.– Dylan O’Brien
I always whip up chicken cutlets or something. Or I make chicken parm and pasta, or something like that.– Dylan O’Brien