Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elisabeth Moss. Check it out!
Elisabeth Moss is an American actress. She is best known for the AMC series Mad Men (2007-2015), Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale (2017) and the films The One I Love (2014) and The Invisible Man (2020).
Interesting Facts about Elisabeth Moss
- Her father was from England. Her mother, who is American, is of half Swedish and half German and Austrian descent.
- Mother, Linda (Ekstrom), is a musician, who plays blues and jazz professionally. Father, Ron Moss, manages jazz musicians.
- She graduated high school two years early.
- Is a lifelong member of the Church of Scientology.
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Lead Actress in a Drama Series category for her role as June Osborne in The Handmaid’s Tale (2017), but lost to Claire Foy from The Crown (2016).
- Studied ballet with Suzanne Farrell at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
- Nominated for the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama category for her role as June Osborne in The Handmaid’s Tale (2017), but lost to Sandra Oh for Killing Eve (2018).
- She holds American and British citizenship.
- Born on the same date as Anna Paquin and Lauren Miller Rogen.
- Her favorite character that she has played has been Robin Griffin in Top of the Lake (2013).
- Nominated for the 2015 Best Actress in a Play Tony Award for her performance in “The Heidi Chronicles”. She lost the award to Helen Mirren for her performance in “The Audience”.
Personal Quotes by Elisabeth Moss
I think one of my biggest influences is Bette Davis. I’ve seen almost every one of her films, and she’s been very inspiring to me.- Elisabeth Moss
I think that people should absolutely be allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies and to live the life they want to lead.- Elisabeth Moss
Ever since I was 15, when I did my first movie by myself, where my mom wasn’t there and I had a guardian, I got to know the crew, and I got to be part of a group and a family. I love that part of it, the friendships that you make.- Elisabeth Moss
I don’t feel I was ever a ‘famous’ child actor. I was just a working actor who happened to be a kid. I was never really in a hit show until I was a teenager with West Wing playing First Daughter Zoey Bartlet. In a way, that was my saving grace – not being a star on a hit show. It kept me working and kept me grounded.- Elisabeth Moss
I think every day there is some new actress comes out and inspires me to do something else… like Hilary Swank. After she did Boys Don’t Cry, I felt this yearning to go out and be even half as good as she was.- Elisabeth Moss