Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elizabeth Hurley. Check it out!
Elizabeth Jane Hurley was born in Basingstoke, Hampshire, to Angela Mary (Titt), a teacher, and Roy Leonard Hurley, an army major. Wanting to be a dancer, Hurley went to ballet boarding school at 12, but soon returned home. When it came time to go to college, Hurley won a scholarship to the London Studio Centre which taught courses for dance and theater. Soon, Hurley wore the punk rock look with pink hair and a nose ring, but to get work, she had to change her image to one that was castable. After college, Hurley worked in the theater and made her screen debut in Aria (1987). Roles in Television and a film, Rowing with the Wind (1988), which included a young actor named Hugh Grant, soon followed. European films followed her appearance in the BBC serial Christabel (1988). Her film debut in a Hollywood movie was in the Wesley Snipes action drama Passenger 57 (1992). When Hugh Grant was picked up with Divine Brown, Hurley became headline news. Added to this was the fact that she was the model representing top cosmetics house Estée Lauder, and there was nowhere Hurley could go to get away from the press. In 1994, Hurley and Hugh Grant set up Simian Films in partnership with Castle Rock Entertainment. As Head of Development, Hurley found the script and produced her first film Extreme Measures (1996), which stars Hugh Grant.
Interesting Facts about Elizabeth Hurley
- An avid animal lover, she has five dogs (three labradors/two cocker spaniels) and two alpacas (2013).
- Godmother of Victoria Beckham and David Beckham’s sons Brooklyn and Romeo.
- In 2000, the Screen Actors Guild went on a long strike against advertisers, demanding higher residual payments for actors appearing in commercials. Not only did Robbins and his colleagues demand that everyone punish Procter & Gamble workers with a boycott, they were highly interested in punishing any actor who crossed the picket line. When Elizabeth Hurley made an Estée Lauder ad, and then claimed she was unaware of the strike, Robbins was in a punitive mood, calling for Hurley to be punished, even banned from Hollywood. Hurley was eventually fined $100,000, not banned.
- In 2014, she attended the wedding of Elton John to his husband David Furnish.
- Is a huge fan of the Fulham Football Club (English Premier League soccer club). Fellow fans include Lily Allen, Pierce Brosnan, Hugh Grant, Hugh Laurie, Benicio Del Toro, Daniel Radcliffe, Andrew Johnston and the late Michael Jackson.
- Dated Steve Bing (9/2000 – 11/2001).
- Listed in “People Weekly”s “Most Intriguing People” list. (December 25, 1995/January 1, 1996 issue)
- (March 2, 2007) Married businessman Arun Nayar a day earlier than planned in order to avoid the glare of the media.
- (October 2, 2011) Engaged to Shane Warne.
- Godmother to Henry Dent Brocklehurst’s son Mark.
- Her wedding gown was designed by Donatella Versace.
- Named #45 in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005” special supplement.
Personal Quotes by Elizabeth Hurley
I think, if you were being cruel to animals, then the thought of eating them would be horrific.- Elizabeth Hurley
I’m very attracted to Indians.- Elizabeth Hurley
The only meal I have is dinner.- Elizabeth Hurley
Being English, I always laugh at anything to do with the lavatory or bottoms.- Elizabeth Hurley
It’s definitely part of my job description not to be too fat.- Elizabeth Hurley