Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ellen Page. Check it out!
Ellen Grace Philpotts-Page was born on February 21, 1987, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, to Martha Philpotts, a teacher, and Dennis Page, a graphic designer. Page wanted to start acting at an early age and attended the Neptune Theater School. She began her career at the age of 10 on the award-winning television series Pit Pony (1999), for which she received a Gemini nomination and a Young Artist Awards nomination. Later, Page appeared in Marion Bridge (2002), which won the award for Best Canadian First Feature at the Toronto International Film Festival. She won a Gemini Award for her role of Lilith in the first season of ReGenesis (2004), a one-hour drama for TMN/Movie Central, and for the cable feature, Mrs. Ashboro’s Cat (2004), for Best Performance in a Children’s or Youth Program or Series. In addition, Page appeared in the cult hit TV series Trailer Park Boys (2001).
Interesting Facts about Ellen Page
- Born to Dennis Page, a graphic designer, and Martha Phillpotts, a teacher.
- Considers Patti Smith her role model and Kate Winslet and Meryl Streep her favorite actresses.
- Her favorite movie is The 400 Blows (1959).
- Was the first choice for Christine in Drag Me to Hell (2009), but was forced to pass due to scheduling difficulties. That part later went to Alison Lohman.
- After attending three different high schools, she graduated from the Shambhala School in Halifax.
- At a Human Rights Campaign event in Las Vegas on Valentine’s Day 2014, Ellen announced that she is gay. She had told her parents much earlier at age 19.
- Is good friends with her X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) co-star, Ben Foster, and her Whip It (2009) co-star, Alia Shawkat.
- Had to wear hair extensions for X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) as she had shaved her head bald for her role in Mouth to Mouth (2005).
- Born on the same date as Ashley Greene.
- Ranked #1 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch “future stars of tomorrow” Along with Kellan Rhude.
- Was ranked #10 on Moviefone’s ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25’ (2008).
- Was originally cast in Jane Eyre (2011) as the title role, but quit the project when production was delayed. Mia Wasikowska was later cast instead.
Personal Quotes by Ellen Page
And I think it’s really easy for people to point out hypocrisy in people’s lives.- Ellen Page
I’m a huge Sissy Spacek fan.- Ellen Page
I’m a huge fan of the program ‘Democracy Now,’ which is hosted by Amy Goodman, and I subscribe to the podcast.- Ellen Page
As a girl, you’re supposed to love Sleeping Beauty. I mean, who wants to love Sleeping Beauty when you can be Aladdin?- Ellen Page
I’m kind of getting more excited about developing my own stuff, or getting involved early in projects and doing my best to make things that I care about happen.- Ellen Page