Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ellie Kemper. Check it out!
Ellie Kemper, born Elizabeth Claire Kemper on May 2, 1980, is an American actress, comedian, and writer. She is best-known for her role as “Erin Hannon” in the NBC series The Office (2005), as well as her supporting roles in the films Bridesmaids (2011) and 21 Jump Street (2012)). She plays the title role in the Netflix comedy series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2015), for which she has received critical acclaim. In the summer of 2015, she joined NBC News as a temporary co-host on NBC’s morning news program, The Today (1952) Show.
Interesting Facts about Ellie Kemper
- Played field hockey at Princeton in the 1999 season, though she claims she sat on the bench “roughly 97%” of the time. Her field hockey team went to the national championship in her freshman year, but she quit the team in later years to focus on theater.
- Auditioned for a role in Parks and Recreation (2009), a comedy series launched by the creators of The Office (2005). She did not receive the part, but received a call back to audition for a supporting role in “The Office” as Erin Hannon, a receptionist/secretary who replaced the character of Pam Beesly Halpert when Pam left Dunder Mifflin to join the Michael Scott Paper Co. Kemper was cast in the role and started appearing in the show in April 2009. Although the character was originally intended for 4 episodes, the producers were impressed with Kemper and signed her as a regular in the sixth season.
- Her father David Woods Kemper was chairman & CEO of Commerce Bancshares, a bank holding company founded by the Kemper family. (Her paternal great-great-grandfather was banker William Thornton Kemper, Sr.).
- Ellie’s paternal grandmother is Mildred Lane Kemper, the namesake of the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum at Washington University (St. Louis, Missouri), for which the family donated $5 million. Ellie’s maternal grandfather, John Robert Jannarone, was a brigadier general.
- While attending Princeton, she was a member of Quipfire!, a renowned improvisational comedy group, and also the Princeton Triangle Club, a touring musical comedy theater troupe.
- Announced on 12/7/11 on Conan O’Brien’s show that she was engaged to former Conan writer, Michael Koman.
- She auditioned for Saturday Night Live (1975).
- She’s an alumna of The P.I.T in New York City and performed there with many improvisers including Kristen Schaal, Kurt Braunohler, Chris Caniglia and Joe Lipari.
- Older sister of television writer Carrie Kemper.
- Is of Italian (from her maternal grandfather), German, English, Scottish, Danish, and Irish descent.
- On the June 20, 2016 episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (2015), she stated that she’s a practicing Catholic.
- Was 3 months pregnant with her son James when she completed filming the 2nd season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2015).
Personal Quotes by Ellie Kemper
I love coffee, but I have to make sure I don’t have more than one cup a day because I’m already a little hyper.- Ellie Kemper
In Los Angeles, people dress with the deep and earnest hope that people will do nothing but stare at them.- Ellie Kemper
I like healthful foods, but I’m from the Midwest, so I like food that’s been around longer.- Ellie Kemper
I can’t do impressions.- Ellie Kemper
A man’s face is not a rich person’s lawn; you are wasting resources if you devote that much energy to trimming your beard, sideburns, or mustache just so. Nor is a man’s face the woods; there need not be the tangled weeds, shrubbery, and wildlife/eggs benedict that get ensnared in them.- Ellie Kemper